transformer differential operation

hello,

please give me possible reasons for 'transformer differential operation' in power plant as it trips the plant.

i'm working in 12 mw power plant.

thanks

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Dear er.satish,

Thank you for posting.

Please be a bit more specific about the situation.. I personally think the question is incomplete.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    If the transformer is showing differential problems at start up or before reaching full capacity, the reason may be some problem with the harmonic restrain settings of the differential relay. Kindly contact the vendor. The problem is in the settings. Few may suggest to increase the delay time. Don''t do it. That may be correct for a short term, but that may affect a lot of other things in the long run.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The other point to be considered is that the input may have a lot of harmonics. So, please check the graphs you can find and look for generator side harmonics. Check if all the other relays are working perfectly.
  • vijay pandit
    vijay pandit
    do you know how to make a simulink model on difeerentail protection of transformer on matlab?
    please if know then tell me i need it.
    thanks in advance....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

pls give me notes related to load forecasting for exam. please help me friends
Greetings, I just got myself registered here because I can't think of any idea for my final year project :/ I just look through the interesting project ideas list in...
Can someone explain to me what is baseline wandering? Can someone explain the significance from ECG perspective and in Digital Transmission?
Hai frnds, I am doing IV EEE😁 My project is to generate the electricity from piezoelectric crystal😛 whether it is feasible r not😕😕😕😕
Just Wondering how to bend, form, cut, and weld acrylic sheets in to a form i need. Just The Basics Really. Keep In Mind On a Budget Trying to Make...