TRAI Delays 'No Spam' Regulation Indefinitely

TRAI has continued its tradition and indefinitely delayed the decision on No SPAM policy. Here's what the document says -

DoT vide letter No. 16-5/2009-AS.III/(Vol. IV) dated 31st January, 2011 has provided „140‟ number series to be allocated to telemarketers for mobile
network. However, number series for fixed network are still not allocated. The matter has been taken up on urgent basis to allocate number series to telemarketers for fixed network. Access Providers have indicated that it will not be possible to provide all the resources to call centres from mobile network only due to high traffic originated from such call centres. Due to non availability of numbering resources from fixed line network from DoT date of implementation of relevant clauses of The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010 has been extended upto 21
st March, 2011 through the forth amendment to the regulations on 28th February, 2011 .

However, till date DoT has not allocated the numbering resources for telemarketers from fixed line network. This new numbering series will be required to be implemented by all Access Providers before allocation of resources to telemarketer. For this purpose time will be required by Access Providers to change the configuration in their system and test the new series. No time frame has been specified by DoT as of now. Accordingly, relevant clauses of The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010 (6 of 2010) dated the 1st December, 2010 have been amended.

Document Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey hii..this is my 1st post..i am a 3rd year ece student..i wanted to know what magazines should i read or download in order to be updated with whats happening...
Aspirants of both the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) and the Delhi pre-medical test might have to choose one as the WBJEE has been postponed from April 17 to...
I request all CEans to contribute the local tech news to CE. In my experience, local newspapers don't pay attention to tech news and focus on news that appeals to...
The Google Vs. China war is heating up. Google recently accused Chinese officials for banning access to company's popular email service 'Gmail', making it difficult for Chinese Internet users to...
Infosys founders top the list of richest techies in India. Starting with N.R. Narayan Murthy with a net worth $2 billion the other founders and their net worth is -...