TPM (Total Productive maintenance)

can Anybody help me on TPM. how to implement it or any material??

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I can help you with that. Anything particular you need to know or just a good overall basis?
  • khullar0
    khullar0
    i wanna know about the visuals. Well how does a TPM line differs visually from a non TPM LINE
  • gohm
    gohm
    A TPM involved line will not always be different in appearance. It is an equipment and process improvement strategy linking together many elements of a maintenance program to achieve higher levels of equipment effectiveness. It is a partnership between all involved to improve product quality, reduce waste and increase efficiency. TPM works as a partner with Just In Time (JIT) manufacturing and Total Quality Management (TQM) which can effect the production line as you mention. TPM is a US style of preventative maintenance adopted by the Japanese in the 1950s. TPM is comprised of six key elements:

1. Improving equipment effectiveness by targeting major losses, OEE
    2. Involving operators in daily, routine maintenance of their equipment
    3. Improving maintenance efficiency and effectiveness
    4. Training for all parties
    5. Life cycle equipment management and design
    6. team focused on common goals

Where TPM can effect the layout visually is making the equipment easier to inspect, operate and maintain. Visual means of communication are the most effective. Some examples include: color coding, sight glasses, checklists, labels, etc.

I hope this helps! I'd be glad to go into more detail if you like on any of the six key elements.
  • khullar0
    khullar0
    thanx i wanna know about maintenance efficiency and effectiveness. Do u have any presentation or material on TPM pls share
  • gohm
    gohm
    That key element includes these aspects:
    inventory control-reduces overhead and down time/mean time to repair
    CMMS-allows effective scheduling, data retention & prioritizing
    preventive maintenance-reduces unexpected failures and ensures best possible life cycle for capital goods
    predictive maintenance-reduces unexpected failures via technology, allows preventive maint or RTF(run to failure)
    planned maintenance- allows interruption due to down time to have a minimum financial impact when scheduling maint/repair work
    tools- right tool for the right job, allows trades to work efficiently
    technology- advances allow improvement in all aspects and results in less man hours spent on condition observation.
    work order-allows balanced work loads, prioritizing, history and limits

As these are all key components of a maintenance program, these are usually in place when a TPM culture is adopted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have attended the some of the interviews recently. In both interview ,,I cleared first round aptitude irrespective of its toughness. I'm good at aptitude related stuffs... But in second...
Hii Ceans ! I am working on a project based on Power Factor Correction. I had downloaded a circuitory and wanted to do some improvisations in that. But am not...
I have created a HTML web page by applying CSS. This is my page having content
You Guys must have heard about admin password ,super admin but have you heard about syskey i.e used to make job of password crackers more difficult. Basically Microsoft Windows Security...
Let me know the selection criteria or guide for capacitors on a.c. load.