1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Toughest Subjects In Mechanical Engineering?

Question asked by Ulkeora in #Mechanical on Jul 14, 2013
Ulkeora
Ulkeora · Jul 14, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
Hey everyone, I am currently doing my BE in mechanical stream. As I will be entering core from this year, I would like to know what all subjects I will be facing(especially the tough ones😕).Also I would like to know a few designing software, which could be self-learned. As i am not interested to do further studies and planning to work after BE, any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton guys! 👍 Posted in: #Mechanical
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya · Jul 14, 2013
Proud CEan and Co-Founder @ Energy Cloud Technology
Ulkeora
Hey everyone, I am currently doing my BE in mechanical stream. As I will be entering core from this year, I would like to know what all subjects I will be facing(especially the tough ones😕).Also I would like to know a few designing software, which could be self-learned. As i am not interested to do further studies and planning to work after BE, any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton guys! 👍
First of all Welcome to CE.
Well I think there will be minor difference in subject according to university. Please share your College Name and University so you can proper response.
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Jul 14, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
3D printing and Robotics (Mechatronics) are slated to take away two billion conventional jobs in ten years. More than that will be generated in these areas.
See if these will interest you.
Ulkeora
Ulkeora · Jul 14, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
Well I reside in Bangalore. Studying in Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering. It is under Vishweshwaraya Technology of University(VTU).
Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
Member of CrazyEngineers
Hi Ulkeora,
Ok1) In mechanical engineering you should concentrate on Kinematics of machinery,Strength of materials,mazerials and metallergy,Finite element analysis.
This is what we have studied in our syllabus.Hope it helped you.

Softwares:Autocad,Pro/E,Catia,Ansys.
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Jul 15, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
Ulkeora
Well I reside in Bangalore. Studying in Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering. It is under Vishweshwaraya Technology of University(VTU).
VTU has Robotics and mechatronics in the syllabus.
I have given some guest talks on Biomedical Technology at DSCE many years back.
Manthan Dadhania
Manthan Dadhania · Jul 16, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
hey
welcome to Mech.
i think its not depended on how much subject is hard or easy...its all depends on your area of interest...so don't worry and keep your study healthy...
viratvicky
viratvicky · Jul 19, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
1) thermodynamics
2) thermal engineering
3) heat transfer
4) kinematics of macineary
5) engineering machanics
zaveri
zaveri · Jul 19, 2013
Member of CrazyEngineers
tough subjects in mechanical engineering:

1) thermodynamics

easy and interesting papers:

1) engineering mechanics, solid mechanics, robotics and automation, dynamics of machinery, fluid mechanics, finite elements, heat and mass transfer, and all the rest of them.
amit7830
amit7830 · Sep 25, 2015
Member of CrazyEngineers
Thermodynamics
Mechanical machines design 1&2
Kom
Dom
Physics 1&2
Maths 1&3
Measurements & instrumentation
Etc
amit7830
amit7830 · Sep 25, 2015
Member of CrazyEngineers
Thermodynamics
Mechanical machines design 1&2
Kom
Dom
Physics 1&2
Maths 1&3
Measurements & instrumentation
Etc​
Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
Member of CrazyEngineers
AFAIK, Engineering Thermodynamics and Finite Element Analysis would be the toughest subject in mechanical engineering and these subjects were most important too.
If you want to enter into a core field, IMO no need of software knowledge. Anyway i'm suggesting Creo/PROe, Catia, NXCAD and ANSYS.
Bala Venkat
Bala Venkat · Nov 24, 2018
Member of CrazyEngineers

Oh, what a thread. I think the toughest subjects in Mechanical would be:

1. Heat Mass Transfer  ...the toughest! 
  2. Fluid Transfer
  3. Materials Engineering
  4. Design and Drafting (For my friends!) I thought it was the most interesting one!
  5. Hydraulics.
Jeffery Simon
Jeffery Simon · Jun 26, 2019
Electronics Engineer + Guitarist

My friends who are not so well versed in Mathematics subjects have struggled through and through with integral and differential calculus. ? They dont seem to be able to pass it.

Other than that the most tuitions that they joined were for Heat and Mass Transfer and Machine Design. Some also found Thermodynamics & Mechanical Vibrations topics too hard.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up