Topic / Tag Subscription Becomes Kick-Ass (Yet Again!)

Howdy! The topic/tag subscription feature on CrazyEngineers has just become even more Kick Ass (yet again!). Now you can see the top topics that have been subscribed by fellow CEans and you'll know who are the people on CE who are interested in the same topic as you are.

Just visit our brand new topic subscription page:

#-Link-Snipped-#

We hope you will love this new feature. Your questions, suggestions for improvement are all welcome here!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Great ! But seems many tags are missing. How to add new tag to watchout?
    I am missing "Embedded" tag there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the tags can be subscribed only from the available tags. The ability to add new tags is only limited to a select few members who're either authors or have bigger post count.

A new tag gets added only when it's mentioned in the post by those who have the authority. We've done this just to avoid tagging spam!

PS: We're already removing a lot of useless tag-spam.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the tags can be subscribed only from the available tags. The ability to add new tags is only limited to a selection few members who're either authors or have bigger post count.

A new tag gets added only when it's mentioned in the post by those who have the authority. We've done this just to avoid tagging spam!

PS: We're already removing a lot of useless tag-spam.
    Perfect !
    But as removing lot of useless tag. We also need to add some TAG that people like to search and watchout.

Like I want to like "Embedded System" related post so I don't know what author has used in the tag for the Embedded System related post. Yes "Electronics" can be used for that post in general meaning but if we can add some more tags it would be great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we'll open a suggestions thread where everyone can request for their tags. Please note that we'll need to be very strict about the tags that go into our system. 😀

Embedded systems would definitely be a tag that we can add. The system is improving.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we'll open a suggestions thread where everyone can request for their tags. Please note that we'll need to be very strict about the tags that go into our system. 😀

Embedded systems would definitely be a tag that we can add. The system is improving.
    Sure ! Let's open a dedicated thread for that. Agree that we have to be strict in tags.
    We can choose the best and most used word for tag. Like for WIFI there are possible options "WiFi" and "Wi-Fi" but we have to choose the one being used mostly.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's what we are doing. We're merging, cleaning up tags. The idea is to keep the number of tags/topics to bare minimum and most useful. We'll only keep the most broad topics.

For example:

OSX for "OSX Mavericks" "OSX Lion" "OSX Mountain Lion" etc.
    Windows for "Windows Vista", "Windows 7", "Windows 8" and so on.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    They can use both tags, or more tags which are relevant, like both Electronics & Embedded Systems.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great !!!!!!!!!!!!I had subscribed the tags i loved.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am on it. 😀 Have been removing the useless tags for quite some time.
    You will soon see the most important tags in the list and also the relevant topics that CEans want to see.

We will also soon seek volunteers for adding the 'tag' to every important discussion, so that when a member clicks on the tag, a list of all useful discussions appears!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yeah, you read it right ! China bans Windows 8 on Government Computers , Read here : https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/05/china-bans-windows-8-government-computers Now can this be Ubuntu's chance to be used on a large...
(NOTE: This is for ordinary mortals. Anoop M^2 and CEans of his ilk may take a look for laughs or sneers.) For all Have been, Still are or Wannabe shutterbugs:...
Panasonic Corporation has launched a new and much-talked about smartphone - "Panasonic P81" in India today. The all-new Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone, features a 1.7 GHz Octa Core processor, 1GB RAM...
If you are a regular bicycle rider, you will be familiar to the fact that your bicycle never remains safe in the basement or any parking lot ever. Velo Labs...
I want to buy a new router. I was using a BSNL router but it is now not working properly. Internet connection is disconnected after every 10 minutes. I am...