Top ten Engineers of the world-Do you agree?

While I was surfing the net I accidently stumbled on the following website: Top 10 remarkable engineers of all time – The Engineering Daily describing the top ten engineers ever.The list compromises Many leading and pioneered engineers.Do you agree the list?
Have they missed anyone?
let the debate starts.Flood in your pleasing comments.
I agree with no:1 Do you?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Disagree. No mention of Bhageerath.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    There are plenty of engineers we never have heard of, have contributed to this world, so it's quite baseless to pick top ten out of all.All have played major role in development of the world.

But here's my favourite five :
    1) Guglielmo Macroni : Radio
    2) Tesla : Name's enough.
    3) Tim Berners : CE wouldn't be there, if this man wouldn't have stepped on Earth.
    4) John Bardeen (Transistors)
    5) Linus Torvalds (Linux kernel)
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Schokley is missing Father of Silicon Valley

Well the list goes on

The list focused only on prehistoric inventors and not on current trend setters

Had they been included the father of NANO tech and Open source would have found their way into the list easily
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Engineers build the world. Its nearly impossible to choose the best ten engineers of all times, when the number of branches of engineering far exceeds ten.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India Yamaha Motor declared on Saturday that it will be pulling back 56,082 units of 'Ray' scooter, which was launched last year.The company has cited the reason to be a...
I just stumble upon this product listed in Flipkart mobile accessory. Retro headset Why the hell one should not buy a nice wired headset with same money. Some claim that...
Name: Aakarsh *Engineering Trade: Computer Engineering Location: Pune *Occupation: Student..! First day of College starting day after...! excited right now..n knows nothing about engineering as of now...😀 Work Experience: Not...
I downloaded OpenSUSE 12.3 & then made the bootable pen-drive. When I inserted the pen-drive & rebooted the computer, the screen with options Live mode, Media test,etc, etc, appears. When...
We have seen in past, the feud between two cultures in India, about which monument will be build at a place, Temple or Mosque. Not only that, the separation of...