Tokyo Sky Tree |2080 Ft | Earthquake Proof World's Tallest Tower

Japanese civil & structural engineers surely have something amazing to show to the world. The newly constructed Tokyo Sky tree is the world's highest tower that stands 2080 feet tall and the engineers claim that the structure is completely earthquake free. The company behind the tower, Obayashi is the same company that recently announced that they're going to build 'Space Elevator' by the year 2050. Note that the crown of 'World's Tallest Man Made Structure' still lies with the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (2,720 ft.)

Skytree-Japan
Image Credit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Given the fact that Japan's a home to earthquakes; the Tokyo Sky Tree has been designed to withstand the strongest of the quakes (over 8 on Richter Scale). Check the tower construction in action:-

Looking for interesting insights from our Civil & Structural engineers here on CE.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you are talking of being earthquake free, then Tokyo tower last year had a bend in its top most part. The authorities had to remove that part, making Tokyo tower fall short of I think 15 m of its earlier height. (confirm the exact figure).

Surely, Japanese quickly bounced to their feet and made this wonder! Amazing people.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Come 22nd May, and the Tokyo Skytree is all set for the opening.
    Book your tickets here: TOKYO SKYTREE .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Using five zeroes, and all known mathematical functions, make a total of 120. Let's see who does it first! 👍
nowadays i feel my college days as very boring. just full of theories and the same topics. i hate the classes. exams are the next thing that is disturbing. ok...
i was pretty intersted in electronics.....i persuing final year of electronics engg...... hw can this website will help....to me...plese give the info...
New PLZZ see this. Mind blowing. THere is also a moto-X version of these​
Check this out guys!!! 😀 Saw this recently and it is awesome!!! 😀