Today's scientific question

Why an drop is always spherical in shape?

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I think its because of the cohesive forces between the molecules of water and the surface tension of water which makes the drop spherical in shape.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    due to the surface tension the water tries to attain minimum surface area with that volume...so naturally the water falling assumes the spherical shape as the sphere assumes the minimum surface area for a given volume.

am i right...:?:
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yes what civilprincess said is correct...๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey kamlesh, why havent you provided the solution to this question:?:
  • Vega
    Vega
    CIVILPRINCESS
    due to the surface tension the water tries to attain minimum surface area with that volume...so naturally the water falling assumes the spherical shape as the sphere assumes the minimum surface area for a given volume.

Yeah, I also think the same way. Sphere is the most natural shape which is why all planets and stars are in spherical shape.
  • Rupali Rout
    Rupali Rout
    CIVILPRINCESS

I too agree with this.The adhesive and coehesive forces attract the molecules to form a drop.the molecules are closest in sphere hence due to the surface tension a drop assumes a spherical shape.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anybody tell me which is best center for doing DAC course in delhi and noida........and tell me the value in doing cdac course from authorized training institute.
hello I want to make partitions of my hard disk.could anyone tell me the way to partition my disk without reinstalling the os & any third party tool if it...
do any one have Millman Halkias INTEGRATED ELECTRONICS solution..i need it really...i got to appear in one comptetive exams next month..i need the solutions of that book. specially.the questions which...
how to find the compilation time or execution time in C??????? wat function we must use to find the operation time in milli seconds??????????? it's very urgent !!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
i need some ideas to mini project...in electrical and electronics engineering plzzzzz help