Timing v/s Luck

Many times I have heard a lot of people saying that I was unlucky in that particular thing. I guess being unlucky is just a form of bad timing, Let me explain, If your timing is good then your luck is with you. Success is not achieved by luck its by doing the right thing or by doing the appropriate thing at the right/appropriate time.
I used to think I am an unlucky person whenever I failed in something, but then a thought came to my mind that its lack of preparation and when I analyzed it I was right I mean I wasn’t ready at the right time.
Some people can also say what suppose if you worked hard for a exam and didn’t get success. Well that’s where LUCK comes.
So, ppl whats your take on this??? Is it a bad luck or a bad timing???

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It is bad timing,I must say.Because I believe that "FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE."
    Take example of a traffic signal.If your timing is good you can easily get past through it.
    Same comes in your work.I you prioritize your things,then you can easily achieve good luck by proper timing.
    Any ways preparation is must.But sometimes when we go outside we meet people of whom we hadn't thought even in our wildest dreams.That is luck.In other words you get opportunities without deliberately attempting for it.
    So if you want to get more lucky then try hard. πŸ˜€
  • Batman
    Batman
    Dont believe in luck. luck is nothing but co-incidence. its when opportunity meets preparation.

people say "hit the iron when its hot"......... this is luck

"make the iron hot by hitting it"........ preparation and hard work.πŸ˜€
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Batman
    "make the iron hot by hitting it"........ preparation and hard work.πŸ˜€
    Nice saying πŸ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I believe in luck!! As far as I know some students who take exams to be a Licensed Engineer failed... even though they are smart or topped during pre-board exam. Those are students who doesn't have "luck."
  • Harold
    Harold
    I agree on that .
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @maria: you are right...but you cant blame luck for every wrong thing. Timing is as well as important as in example stated by you, may be those people were topper, but they didnt prepare well for their engineering exam, and as u know engineering and board are two different things...πŸ˜€
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    nicepeeyush
    @maria: you are right...but you cant blame luck for every wrong thing. Timing is as well as important as in example stated by you, may be those people were topper, but they didnt prepare well for their engineering exam, and as u know engineering and board are two different things...πŸ˜€
    I believe in this..
  • Batman
    Batman
    Frooty
    Nice saying πŸ˜€
    hey thanks ..........😁😁😁
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    But sometimes the time factor also depends on our luck factor. Sometimes we get the right things done at the right time un-intentionally and we get great results.πŸ˜€

So luck does matter. But still we can always improve our luck with our hard work because even God (for those who believe in Him) is also bound to pay for our hard work.
  • Batman
    Batman
    Deepika Bansal
    But sometimes the time factor also depends on our luck factor. Sometimes we get the right things done at the right time un-intentionally and we get great results.πŸ˜€

So luck does matter. But still we can always improve our luck with our hard work because even God (for those who believe in Him) is also bound to pay for our hard work.
    what if an opportunity arrives and u r not prepared for it. you just cannot call it bad luck. you will have to accept that it was your fault. because opportunities will come and go. its up to you that you start preparation before it arrives and be ready, or let this one pass and then start preparing, waiting for one more which may or may not come.......
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Batman
    what if an opportunity arrives and u r not prepared for it. you just cannot call it bad luck. you will have to accept that it was your fault. because opportunities will come and go. its up to you that you start preparation before it arrives and be ready, or let this one pass and then start preparing, waiting for one more which may or may not come.......
    Yes you are right Batman. Actually what I've stated has happened with me more than once. So I just quoted my experience. But, yes, hard work and pre-preparations can change the scene and help us in achieving what we want to.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I won't say there exists a word called "Luck". It is just either our confidence or the co-incidence, which plays the play.
    For eg., I was damn confident that I would be able to complete the work by today. But, unfortunately, I met with an accident. This is not fate or luck, but just coincidence and moreover, I was not confident in my driving skills and coincidentally, that vehicle came and hit me, the same time when I went to the office.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Europeans will introduce the first organic processor made up of organic semiconductors this week at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference, in San Francisco. This processor has 4000 transistors and...
I liked the idea YottoWink folks have come up with and see that it's a great scope. Check out this presentation to get an idea of what YottoWInk does -...
Sometimes we got confused for taking any decision..so according to you what should be on our priority our internal soul,or mind decision. 😁
hey friends! Finally joined community and now I am a member. I am in 3rd year of my computer science degree and have been looking at your site for guidance...
Hey guys Anyone know of a good and free modelling software for gas turbines that can model power plants and calculate at least the basic specifications such as efficiencies and...