This IR Device Finds & Projects Your Veins In Real Time

Scientists have found out a way that will make it easier for them to suck the blood out of your veins - for scientific tests, research or donating it to the needy. The hard part of the entire process so far has been finding the right spot on your arm to poke the needle in - but that's not a problem anymore. The researchers have developed a new IR device that finds out the veins by making them glow in fluorescent green light. This makes it incredibly easier to locate the spot to take the blood out.

The Australian Red Cross Blood Service is using this IR device to study whether quickly locating the spot will result into reduced anxiety among the first time blood donors. The pilot will be conducted on about 300 first time blood donors and 600 returning donors (age: 18-30).

IR-Vein-Visualisation-Device

The infra-red vein visualization device works by moving the source over the naturally deoxygenated hemoglobin in the body. The hemoglobin absorbs the IR light and the veins thus show up in glowing green light. It's advised that you do not look directly at the light and the machines are otherwise completely safe. We've a demo video that shows it all in action. Check it out -

We'd love to know from our engineers whether this device will help reducing anxiety among the first time blood donors.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    when i first donated blood i wasn't nervousness, but was curious
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    This product will surely reduce anxiety among first time blood donors. Plus it will be of great use for finding tiny veins of neonatals and old age patients as it is very difficult to find one in terms of emergency and calls for multiple poking. Great research.👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Qulp is a collaborative product innovation company that develops your ideas into real products. Founded by Vinay Degavath in the year 2013, the Qulp team develops customer's amazing ideas into...
Hello Friends, I am almost completing my btech and looking for a job. I was selected by a startup myrefers as a .NET developer. Should I join them or should...
HTC has quietly listed an Universal USB charger named 'HTC Rapid Charger 2.0' on its official US website. The 15 watt travel charger is said to be compatible with every...
Maruti Suzuki has announced the latest version of Alto K10 and boy, it does come with automated manual transmission (AMT). At the price of Rs. 3.80 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi), the...
Hi all, I am Adam from Mumbai. I am interested in software testing however yet quite confused on how to go about it. I have completed by B.E in I.T...