Things To Be Reconsidered By Facebook Developers

In the recent past, Facebook has been experimenting and changing the interface very regularly. I being a regular facebook user, can say that these changes are affecting our social networking lives up to a certain extent. The question I want to put forth is why are we so complacent about these things?

I know facebook is a really good site and we cannot take it for granted. But some credit has to go to the half a billion users for its success. The site should not take the users for granted. It turns out to be tedious to comply with the repetitive changes after a certain extent. I am not opposing the idea of the new updated features but then the changes have to be gradual and they should not be forced upon the people. I know it’s not a compulsion to use the website if you are not satisfied, but the fact is no one wants to leave either. The Facebook should show some appreciation towards the masses by considering this factor.

GROUPS:

People are being added to the groups without seeking the permission of that concerned person. There is no provision where the site asks whether “You want to join a group?” We directly get a notification that you have been added to a group by a friend. What if I did not wish to join the group? This is the greatest source of spamming. So I think the groups can well a more well managed to minimize the spamming.

PHOTOS:

[​IMG]

Photos comprise of a huge section of the website. In other words 40% of my time on the site is for viewing the updated photos of my friends and relatives. I am a bit disappointed with the present format of the photo viewer. Earlier window was larger and better than this one and gave better user experience. Why have they made it appear smaller? I am clueless about it.

The new messaging scheme is cumbersome for me and I am still trying to fix this problem. Why can’t it be simple and easy to use as before? This scheme appears as a new chat section started by the Facebook. Not everybody is okay with the chatting system everywhere.

Earlier, we could see our connections from flicker, youtube and many other sites. Wasn’t that a more friendly place to be in? Is it that facebook does not care anymore? I think facebook owes a bit of explanation to the Facebook fans. What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the first question which comes in our mind when we talk of engines?  It is of course throttle. Throttle plate has always the lungs of an engine. However,...
RTIS aka Real Time Train Information System could soon be a reality for Indian Railways. Traditionally, Indian Railway has been the early adopter of computing & technology advancements and Railways...
When it comes to high end graphics processing, two brands rule the world - nVIDIA and AMD. Both these brands are known to be traditional rivals. The rivalry has taken...
Today many people who run some kind of transport business are very worried about the proper functioning of their fleet system. Their network of vehicles like cars or trucks i.e....
Swiss engineering is crossing the limits set by imagination and have some serious awesomeness to offer with Quadrocopters. The ETH- Institute For Dynamic Systems & Control (IDSC) have been working...