Thermoelectric generators

Please help me with the procedure for developing a cheap thermoelectric generator for house hold applications.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What is your idea about it ?
    What is your expected power from it ?
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    What is your actual purpose ? Do you want exact model of thermoelectric generator

you shall need two most important thing
    1- prime mover (mechanism to impart mechanical power to alternator)
    2- Alternator ( synchronous generator of appropriate rating )

And hence it won't be cheap.What you actually want to run?
    see this another alternative : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gautam Vadnere
    Gautam Vadnere
    I want to built a mini power station for my house, atleast use to light tubelights or fan.
  • Gautam Vadnere
    Gautam Vadnere
    I've heard that there are some thermoelectric material which generate electricity due to temperature difference across it. But how can v use it for some major applications....
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thermoelectric devices are usually very low power used mainly for control using waste heat from stoves and such. You can never run a home with that. They are rather inefficient . You will be better off with solar, wind or combination.
    Commercial systems are available from various sources with subsidy from government.
    Two active ones in Kerala are:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

well, i'm just me, probably a geek , have a fantastic quantitative reasoning, and find myself with a good rapport with mechanics
I am trying to make the project on voice operated mail system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it. please tell...
In model sim, when I compile a program of d-ff, the output does not match when I change the inputs value with respect to clk edge. It shows the correct...
So, I watched this movie yesterday named "Oh My God", and its a hindi adaption of "The man who sued God". Though the movie is not that good in itself,...
I've been hearing lot of positive reviews of the movie 'English Vinglish'. The movie seems to be a story of a simple, middle-class lady from Maharashtra (her name is Sashi...