View Feed
group-icon
MBA
Masters of Business Administration: Discuss everything related to MBA with fellow aspirants and those who've been there, done that!
269 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

The Mumbai Pune Expressway or Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai Pune Expressway

The Mumbai Pune Expressway or Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai Pune Expressway

[​IMG]
  • It is India's first six-lane concrete, high-speed, access controlled tolled expressway.
  • It spans a distance of 93 km connecting Mumbai, the administrative capital of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India, with Pune, an industrial and educational hub.
  • This expressway introduced new levels of speed and safety in automobile transportation to Indian roads.
  • The expressway has reduced the travel time between the cities of Mumbai and Pune to approximately two hours.
  • The expressway starts at Kalamboli (near Panvel) and ends at Dehu Rd. (near Pune).
  • It cleaves through the scenic Sahyadri mountain ranges via passes and tunnels.
  • Separate tunnels for traffic in each direction.
  • Complete fencing to avoid humans/animals crossing the expressway.
  • No two wheelers, three wheelers and tractor vehicles allowed.
  • Provision of Petrol pumps / motels / workshops / Toilets / Emergency Phones and Breakdown Vans etc.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 19, 2012
Why was this thread not created in https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/forums/infrastructure-transportation-projects.93/ section?

Thread moved.

Avoid copy - pasting.
The_Big_K
Why was this thread not created in https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/forums/infrastructure-transportation-projects.93/ section?

Thread moved.

Avoid copy - pasting.
Didn't copy paste... Got as a message!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 19, 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Didn't copy paste... Got as a message!
It's still a copy-paste from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Pune_Expressway.
The_Big_K
It's still a copy-paste from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Pune_Expressway.
Oh Noes! Will check for plagiarism and then do... 😀 Thankz... 😀
lovejeet
lovejeet • Feb 19, 2012
ya, have been through this express highway many times....... awesome landscapes in between.
lovejeet
ya, have been through this express highway many times....... awesome landscapes in between.
Nice... Share some videos if possible! 😀
lovejeet
lovejeet • Feb 20, 2012
not of the express highway, but have the pics of khandala (lonawala), which is again a beautiful place to visit. i remember the public toilets at the express highway. these are just a simple issues, and a nice thing to implement though. The steep roads in between, and the blind turnings thrills during the journey.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Feb 20, 2012
I have travelled on that road a couple of times too. It is indeed a great experience and due to this expressway the time taken for travel between Mumbai and Pune has been reduced 😀
I wish all the roads/highways are made six-lane or eight-lane. Driving won't be stressful if this is implemented.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 20, 2012
Do cement roads cause more harm to tires than regular tar-roads?
CIVILPRINCESS
CIVILPRINCESS • Feb 26, 2012
Nope... If you ask me I think the quality of the present day tar roads would only harm the tires 😉 the roughness of the concrete road (not cement 😀 ) is perfectly all right 😀 it'll provide the necessary friction for the tires. It would not reduce the life of tire 😀
CIVILPRINCESS
Nope... If you ask me I think the quality of the present day tar roads would only harm the tires 😉 the roughness of the concrete road (not cement 😀 ) is perfectly all right 😀 it'll provide the necessary friction for the tires. It would not reduce the life of tire 😀
What's the difference between a concrete road and a cement road? Both are same na?
CIVILPRINCESS
CIVILPRINCESS • Feb 27, 2012
Praveen-Kumar
What's the difference between a concrete road and a cement road? Both are same na?
Cement is just the material. Cement concrete includes cement+aggregate+sand+water. and to lay roads we use cement concrete roads. roads cannot be laid using just cement 😀 You get it? 😀
CIVILPRINCESS
Cement is just the material. Cement concrete includes cement+aggregate+sand+water. and to lay roads we use cement concrete roads. roads cannot be laid using just cement 😀 You get it? 😀
Kinda... Got it... 😀

Share this content on your social channels -