The Dream Web Browser

CEans,

How about collecting crazy, weird ideas about a 'Dream Web Browser'? Let's say, something that would integrate IM, Social Bookmarking/Networking, File/Photo Sharing, Search, Email, HTML editing etc.

Do you have more ideas about such a browser? If yes, post them. Of course, if you're a developer, how much time/money will it take to develop such a browser? ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Video player, video streaming capabilities, bit torrent downloading, VoIP.. ๐Ÿ˜€

Though, I suppose the Dream Browser will be a very bulky browser. Have you seen Miro? Its an OSS Internet TV player.. looks great though! Miro - Free, open-source music and video player.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Video player, video streaming capabilities, bit torrent downloading, VoIP.. ๐Ÿ˜€

Though, I suppose the Dream Browser will be a very bulky browser. Have you seen Miro? Its an OSS Internet TV player.. looks great though! Miro - Free, open-source music and video player.
    Take a look at Joost! (by Skype folks)

Well, If the browser combines everything, we can afford to have it as a 20-30 MB setup. VOIP would be cool ๐Ÿ˜

I wonder why no one has yet thought of doing it before. xHeavenlyx would be more than happy if we start building on as a CE Project ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Take a look at Joost! (by Skype folks)
    Funny you mentioned that: Miro - Free, open-source music and video player.

๐Ÿ˜› Well, it looked a bit biased I suppose. I havent tried Joost, and I only used Miro for a while.. can't have much say in it.

Haha, Big K, have we even started on CE Messenger yet? We need to take things slow ๐Ÿ˜‰ Maybe once we complete these miniprojects (eg CE toolbar) we can think of combining everything for the Dream Browser! Im thinking if we want to kick start a project, you'll have to explicitly list all the specific things that must be done, then let CE volunteers choose what to do ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wish we had more contributors here. CE Messenger, CE Browser are bigger projects and I believe that we should work on smaller ones - say, CE Toolbar. CEan - NiLaY isn't active since long. I believe we have many kick-a$$ developers over here but very few of them are active.

All said & done, CE project is bound to happen, we just need few more active members ๐Ÿ˜ . Ash, do you have anyone in in your college who can do this?

I'm expecting few good things on CE post CAT (common admission test) which is scheduled on 19th of November. I'll keep everyone posted.

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi to all, is good to be here. Regards.
Hi all, Can anyone help me to lock the numeric keys from win98?
want general layout guidelines and checklist ,more about pcb........... visit....................... https://www.pcbadesign.blogspot.com/ and post ur suggestions. โ€‹
Hello all I need help from any one out there on the subject-Help on masters thesis topic on Systems and Control Engineering.I am making an application for masters in Systems...
Please someone tell me the eligibility for the aeronautical engineering. I have done my telecommunication engineering...i m eligible or not???