CrazyEngineers
  • Mayur
    Mayur

MemberMay 29, 2008

The best air conditioner

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom. Can you please suggest me a suitable one? Following are the details.

1. I stay in Mumbai. The climate here is moderate to highly humid with temperatures ranging between 20 and 35 degree celcius.
    2. My room size in approximately 180sqft.
    3. Usage will mostly be at night.

I know that we have a global audience. For your information, there are various brands available ranging from LG, Samsung, Hitachi, General, Electrolux to the domestics ones such as Onida, Voltas, Bluestar etc. I had almost finalised an electrolux 1.0 tons. But it consumes more power.

Can you guys please suggest?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMay 30, 2008

Panasonic ACs are quite popular here in Malaysia 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberMay 30, 2008

I am assuming you are looking at window mount units and not remote units. LG is a pretty good brand here. For remote units/central air I like Trane.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMay 30, 2008

Dude, Window or Split? 😁
    Cancel
  • raj87verma88

MemberMay 30, 2008

General 1.0 ton
    Cancel
  • Mayur Pathak

MemberJun 1, 2008

Either window or split, any of them will do. I don't know. What do you recommend for a bedroom?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 1, 2008

[spam] :mrgree:

Window - unless your bedroom has an arrangement to accomodate the split AC 😁
    Cancel
  • koli

MemberJun 26, 2008

I strongly recommend Hitachi 1 Tonne for small size room and 1.5 tonne for mid size bed room. Given a choice I wud recommend window AC .. easy to service and maintainable. 😎
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberJul 10, 2008

For me Bluestar is a good choice as a split AC.

Also as per me, Split AC is better choice on window AC...

-Crazy
    Cancel
  • yogeshkautish

MemberOct 14, 2009

mayurpathak
    Hi Folks,

I'm planning to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom. Can you please suggest me a suitable one? Following are the details.

1. I stay in Mumbai. The climate here is moderate to highly humid with temperatures ranging between 20 and 35 degree celcius.

I know that we have a global audience. For your information, there are various brands available ranging from LG, Samsung, Hitachi, General, Electrolux to the domestics ones such as Onida, Voltas, Bluestar etc. I had almost finalised an electrolux 1.0 tons. But it consumes more power.

you can take a half tonne ac of eletrolux becouse your room is so short n with it you have effecient cooling
    Cancel
  • yogeshkautish

MemberOct 14, 2009

i suggest to you to use 0.75 tonne ac of electrolux, i think it is enough for your room
    Cancel
  • yogeshkautish

MemberOct 14, 2009

thermal engg

😁😕
    mayurpathak
    Hi Folks,

Cancel
  • Hoseter

MemberJun 25, 2010

mayurpathak
    Hi Folks,

Carrier is good. But there cannot be one best AC as this entirely depends on your requirement which might be least maintenance or least energy consumption or fastest cooling etc.one ton ac is good for you.. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • mortan

MemberOct 19, 2010

hello this is ortan.Air conditioning is a device that bring freezing air in a warm area to make it extra calm.Air conditioning generally is apply when hotness is above 70 degrees.The fundamental concept behind the making of all air conditioning units remains common. The same is the case with primary element needed.
    Cancel
  • Craig K

MemberJun 20, 2011

The_Big_K
    [spam] :mrgree:

Window - unless your bedroom has an arrangement to accomodate the split AC 😁
    I agree. It sounds like a window unit would be best in your situation.
    Cancel
  • Tim1234

MemberAug 10, 2011

Maybe before buying ask an expert. Sometimes you dont need to buy a new one and an old one can be repaired to give you better service. You can ask<link removed> company.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register