The benefits that engineering has brought to the world?

I have an assignment which is :

write an article for a person who hasn't entered university yet on The benefits that engineering has brought to the world.

It has to be 10 pages.
Im hoping that any of you experienced engineers can give me some points.

Replies

• Predictor
    Predictor
    gladiac
    I have an assignment which is :

write an article for a person who hasn't entered university yet on The benefits that engineering has brought to the world.

It has to be 10 pages.
    Im hoping that any of you experienced engineers can give me some points.
    I suggest breaking up such a paper into fields, like civil engineering, mechanical engineering, etc. I'd include historical material, too, and I'd contrast with pre-engineering solutions (such as in the field of building construction).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Predictor
    I suggest breaking up such a paper into fields, like civil engineering, mechanical engineering, etc. I'd include historical material, too, and I'd contrast with pre-engineering solutions (such as in the field of building construction).
    That is a nice advice. Take example of Edison, who never even went to school and yet claimed 1093 patents.
  • gladiac
    gladiac
    Yes, i was thinking of doing it that way or breaking it up to groups of for example medical,construction,transportation etc etc.

Id like to know anything specific such as maybe for now hybrid/electric cars, or TBM;tunnel boring machines which are fascinating.
    And maybe a few historical figures like Leonardo Da Vinci.
  • gladiac
    gladiac
    The_Big_K
    That is a nice advice. Take example of Edison, who never even went to school and yet claimed 1093 patents.
    1093?, and i thought he only invented the light bulb.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gladiac
    1093?, and i thought he only invented the light bulb.
    Edison was a pure genius. See: Thomas Edison

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Egypt Telecom has suffered 13% revenue loss through voice calls over the prior year. The reason being the cheaper VoIP calls. The government has sprung into action and has specifically...
Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Manmohan Singh said - This morning I met the chairman of Dell Corporation. He informed me that they are buying equipment and parts worth $25 billion...
Has anyone here thought of making a home made particle accelerator? What are your ideas on building one (for fun 😉)?
hi.... i m L.n.panigrahi,now i m studing in CSE branch 2nd year as a B-tech student,i can't understand wt type of summertraing will i do?
London, UK, 24 March 2010 - World renowned lighting brand, Concord, part of Havells Sylvania, has impressed the juries of two of the most prestigious international design awards in the...