Telephone Line Disturbance During Net Usage

Whenever I turn on my BSNL broadband connection, I get lot of disturbance in the phone line. The phone is connected in one room and the modem is connected in another. There is no splitter installed.

Why does it happen? How can it be fixed?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    what is the CPE installed?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Err.. What is CPE? ๐Ÿ˜ณ Customer Premises Equipment?
    One desktop is wired to the modem and a router is connected for wi-fi.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I use a splitter to split the main line from the phone company to two: one goes to the phone and the other to the modem.

Usually, this is the arrangement I have come across. In the olden days, when we were using dial up connections, I remember,
    if the receiver of the landline phone is lifted, the internet connection would be off. i.e., the phone would cut off the internet connection.

But in your case, if I get it correct, it's reverse, right? You say the internet causes the phone to malfunction.
    I think it can be fixed using a splitter.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok.. so one port of modem directly connected to desktop, another port connected to the wireless router
    are you sure there is no splitter? Though physically it looks as if data and voice are on different lines, from your wall jack , they are again sent on same line. I am still not sure how you have two different lines and no splitter
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I see you have multiple phone jacks at home? Then they may be linked physically. A normal dsl splitter in between phone jack and phone will reduce the interference from the modem as SS has mentioned.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Generally it is better to give the BB the first priority and give a direct connection to the modem from the telephone line. And then from there you can use a splitter to send it to the telephones. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    if i am correct bsnl dosent have much battery power that can be used by a coustmer hence the disturbance occurs.
    vinod12345madhu
    if i am correct bsnl dosent have much battery power that can be used by a coustmer hence the disturbance occurs.
    What battery power are you talking about?
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    Praveen-Kumar
    What battery power are you talking about?
    the battery used by bsnl to power the connections.
    vinod12345madhu
    the battery used by bsnl to power the connections.
    Generally it is powered with the junctions right? But many don't face this issue!
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I hope installing a splitter can avoid the disturbance in telephone line
    aarthivg
    I hope installing a splitter can avoid the disturbance in telephone line
    Without splitter you cannot use BB. But when a powered splitter is used, yeah, this problem can be solved!
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Praveen-Kumar
    Without splitter you cannot use BB. But when a powered splitter is used, yeah, this problem can be solved!
    can you please say in detail about power splitter.
    Am not sure... I have seen one in the Airtel office, which has a DC 12V supply! ๐Ÿ˜€ Will get back to you with more info! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Praveen-Kumar
    Am not sure... I have seen one in the Airtel office, which has a DC 12V supply! ๐Ÿ˜€ Will get back to you with more info! ๐Ÿ˜€
    thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Shahrukh Khan's son, Aryan and his friend explain their project on preventing Mumbai's rainwater problem. Take a look -
Can you please suggest me some good books for Computer hardware? I found karbos guide in internet. Is it good? It would be also nice if you suggest me some...
Hey guys... I would like to buy a tablet for professional use... My requirements are 1. Compatibility with various document file formats (pdf,doc,ppt,xl etc) 2. WiFi and 3G 3. Use...
The facebook messenger for windows desktop got leaked few hours ago and now an official download is available on Facebook's website. If you're one of those who prefer accessing the...
In this game everyone has to post only questions; in connection to the previous question. For example: Q1: Would you like to play the questions game? Q2: What is the...