Techincal Interview Questions - Operating System (OS)
Operating System Questions
- · What are the basic functions of an operating system?
- · Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
- · What are the difference phases of software development? Explain briefly?
- · Differentiate between RAM and ROM?
- · What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
- · What is cache memory?
- · What is hard disk and what is its purpose?
- · Differentiate between Complier and Interpreter?
- · What are the different tasks of Lexical analysis?
- · What are the different functions of Syntax phase, Sheduler?
- · What are the main difference between Micro-Controller and Micro- Processor?
- · Describe different job scheduling in operating systems.
- · What is a Real-Time System ?
- · What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems ?
- · What is a mission critical system ?
- · What is the important aspect of a real-time system ?
- · If two processes which shares same system memory and system clock in a distributed system, What is it called?
- · What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
- · What do you mean by deadlock?
- · Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
- · Give an example of microkernel.
- · When would you choose bottom up methodology?
- · When would you choose top down methodology?
- · Write a small dc shell script to find number of FF in the design.
- · Why paging is used ?
- · Which is the best page replacement algorithm and Why? How much time is spent usually in each phases and why?
- · Difference between Primary storage and secondary storage?
- · What is multi tasking, multi programming, multi threading?
- · Difference between multi threading and multi tasking?
- · What is software life cycle?
- · Demand paging, page faults, replacement algorithms, thrashing, etc.
- · Explain about paged segmentation and segment paging
- · While running DOS on a PC, which command would be used to duplicate the entire diskette?
Kaustubh KatdareHey, great collection. I guess we can start discussion each questions so that CEans can benefit 😀
Ankita KatdareI guess we should try to answer the uncommon ones here.
While running DOS on a PC, which command would be used to duplicate the entire diskette?
Could someone answer these:
What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems?
Which is the best page replacement algorithm and Why? How much time is spent usually in each phases and why?
Write a small dc shell script to find number of FF in the design.
You are reading an archived discussion.
MICROPROCESSOR QUESTIONS · Which type of architecture 8085 has? · How many memory locations can be addressed by a microprocessor with 14 address lines? · 8085 is how many bit...
ELECTRONICS QUESTIONS · What is meant by D-FF? · What is the basic difference between Latches and Flip flops? · What is a multiplexer? · How can you convert an...
TCS has one software “touchstone” for conducting test. It is having collection of around 1 to 2 lacks questions. So pattern of all questions are much same. Here are the...
I am sure most of you must have gone through the Engineers Without Borders Chairman Interview on CE-Small Talk: Ashok Agarwal – Engineers Without Borders - CrazyEngineers Some of my...
1. The passage given below is followed by questions based on its content. Read the passage & choose the best answer 4 the questions The Death Car It was cold...