Team Member you would like to see in your team

After observing many different different kind of people everyday around me, a question keep on coming in my stupid mind

Do really technical bond persons can make a project GREAT or a one who has strong will of doing anything for the project even though he/she don't know any much of technical things? πŸ˜•

I just want to know what our SUPERB minds of CE forum think about this.:sshhh: Please try to give explanation along with poll.

"So if any of you ever get a chance to make a team for any of your project-what kind of people you would like to take in your project?"

PS:There is lot more for debating on this topic for me. Rest depends on the type of response we get here in this thread.πŸ˜‰

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    For my team I prefer the persons who is having sound technical knowledge. Because , I do think that, the persons with sound technical knowledge , having own interest in Challenging projects.It will be better having such persons, he can direct others. And the project can be completed with in a particular time limit.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ok so ms_cs, your option is "A Technical bond" person right?

Now what if that person is too lazy in doing work or have attitude of the thing that I know so many things my BOSS has to rely on me in any case for successful completion of project.

I have seen bond people but you know what they don't even know sometimes simple things that an average technical person know and in projects a very simple thing matters a lot right?

So how will you handle the situation in such cases?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    For my team I prefer the persons who is having sound technical knowledge. Because , I do think that, the persons with sound technical knowledge , having own interest in Challenging projects.It will be better having such persons, he can direct others. And the project can be completed with in a particular time limit.
    Well you are also right, technical bond people sometimes save time but I have seen many technical bonds who simply keep on trying all their technical knowledge in the project-learning new new things by trying different technologies and making project a hell after that. What is your say for such cases?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    As a good team leader what I will do is , I use positive and negative motivational strategies of management , according to the character of the people.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    My first two choices will be the third and the fourth choice as I have hardly worked in a team.
    But if I have to choose members, I will choose more from the second choice but that doesn't mean I would neglect the first option. I would choose a few "Technical Bonds" in my team too.

You must unite your constituents around a common cause and connect with them as human beings.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    As a good team leader what I will do is , I use positive and negative motivational strategies of management , according to the character of the people.
    ok So assume I am in your team and I don't care what you ask me to do, I want to do the things according to me beacuse I am technical bond and I know if we use this technology , our project will go very far but don't have ever tried that technology OK

You being a TL and having more experience than me in indutry, you want to work on your technology and your boss has also finalized to work on it.

But I am not ready to work on your told technology because according to my technical bond knowledge, I have read your technology has drawbacks.

What will be your take in such situation? πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    My first two choices will be the third and the fourth choice as I have hardly worked in a team.
    But if I have to choose members, I will choose more from the second choice but that doesn't mean I would neglect the first option. I would choose a few "Technical Bonds" in my team too.
    Good answer for escaping from the debate but unfortunately you have to vote and that too for only 1 option. See one that best suits according to you and your answer and vote for it. πŸ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Why don't I use the Innovative ideas from subordinates??? I sure use his thoughts if I find it as useful.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Why don't I use the Innovative ideas from subordinates??? I sure use his thoughts if I find it as useful.
    Good should use πŸ˜€ but even after knowing that you and your boss have more experience and you people are not at all fools and this bond guy don't has much experience about practical application of that technlogy in bigger projects. What will be your step ?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    No, that is my answer. You see if I am unable to merge the team together for a common cause and inspire them to do and make something in the way I vision it to be made, then I have failed as a leader and do not deserve to lead the team. A leader is a person who should not use his superior authority to get work done, that is what dictators do. Leader should inspire in such a manner that the other should feel that it is his own personal work and not a project or duty given by someone else.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I urge him to do the task that Myself and my boss planned already, I will warn him ,,,I will use the negative motivational strategies ...Sure He may respond to this because, he is working in a Big Corporation...It will be his prestige issue...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    No, that is my answer. You see if I am unable to merge the team together for a common cause and inspire them to do and make something in the way I vision it to be made, then I have failed as a leader and do not deserve to lead the team. A leader is a person who should not use his superior authority to get work done, that is what dictators do. Leader should inspire in such a manner that the other should feel that it is his own personal work and not a project or duty given by someone else.
    Well I am not getting why you guys are taking the things only to leads. I am not talking about leads -I am talking about you (as a starter for your own project) and you are going to start everything from scratch - you are not working for any company, no bosses. Only you are the boss for your project but if in any case you need to increase the size of your 1 member team then what will be your take?

And raj, Please vote for one this time(for which option your majority % goes). πŸ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Again I am saying that,I can motivate him to do that...If I cant ,I will ask him to go out...
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Anything I told wrong shalini?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Again I am saying that,I can motivate him to do that...If I cant ,I will ask him to go out...
    Ha ha ha ! This was that what I was looking for 😁

So now let us assume that "Mr technical bond " is out of your team. Now what kind of member next? 😁
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I know you are expecting this answer...
    Do you think that all technical bond will be such a persons?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Irrespective of whether I am working in a firm or not. When I start a project from scratch, the first thing will be my imagination. I would visualize the project. How it would work, what all will be needed etc. And whoever innovates and has ideas is the leader. The rest follow him/her. My majority percentage will be towards people who will work, overall around 75% to 80% of the team will be formed out of them. But the most important thing will be the trust I generate in my team members.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    I know you are expecting this answer...
    Do you think that all technical bond will be such a persons?
    ok let us assume that you have a bad luck( I wish you never ever have such in your life ) and all technical bond people you found have same kind of attitude then you will still keep on waiting for a technical bond member to complete your project or you will handle it alone or you will go for any other kind of guy?

Please reply πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess 'bond' is being used in different sense here. Right?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    shalini_goel14
    ok let us assume that you have a bad luck( I wish you never ever have such in your life ) and all technical bond people you found have same kind of attitude then you will still keep on waiting for a technical bond member to complete your project or you will handle it alone or you will go for any other kind of guy?

Please reply πŸ˜€
    In this time you assume that , I am having such a peoples... be always positiveπŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    "Bond" according to what I judge from Shalini's posts means a person who knows everything about his trade but is too egoistic to work. He will work only when he feels like and when his conditions are met.
    He has the Jokers ideology
    When You are good at something never do it for free.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Shall I know , to which choice the Big_K's vote is goes to..?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Shall I know , to which choice the Big_K's vote is goes to..?
    Don't expect any votes from CE team people. I don't know what they think of themselves. Have enough powers. Raj you have also shown that you like dictating with your power just like Team leads do πŸ˜‰

For further debating please come with your option also. That would make me put better questions before you .
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    In debating before asking questions, you have to choose your choice first ...Am I right Shalini?
    So Let We know what is your choice ?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    In debating before asking questions, you have to choose your choice first ...Am I right Shalini?
    For my option you will have to wait until I get the answer I am looking for.πŸ˜‰ Let's see how many CEans think that way and I know it is not much difficult to make decision in my given options .You just need to be confident on your option. Those who are dicy(don't know what t choose) will always remain like that. So don't expect any answers from such people.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, my vote goes for 2. The not so technically suave person, but one who has a strong will of doing anything for the project.

The reasoning is as follows:
    Today, developing skills in a particular field is not so very difficult. Though not very skillful, anybody can acquire a working knowledge of any field in a matter of days or weeks. That being the case, I dont want to lose out a strong willed and hard working person for lack of technical skills. This reasoning is made with myself being the team leader in mind.

But if I'm not the TL, and I'm expecting someone to include me in their team, then I'd like to project myself as a technically strong person, so that my odds of getting into the team are improved. Of course it's implied that I should not be egoistic and should listen to others too.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    And I'd also like to point out that your reasoning is somewhere messed up. Not all technically strong persons are lazy or self centered. Some of them listen to others too. And any guy's natural choice would be the techie because, in the poll, it's not stated that "a techie who's self centered" or "a techie who is lazy and listens to nobody".
    Given a technical person, with no strings attached, everyone tend to choose that guy only.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    shalini_goel14
    Well I am not getting why you guys are taking the things only to leads. I am not talking about leads -I am talking about you (as a starter for your own project) and you are going to start everything from scratch - you are not working for any company, no bosses. Only you are the boss for your project but if in any case you need to increase the size of your 1 member team then what will be your take?
    πŸ˜€
    I've done some technical projects for some inter college competitions. In all cases, when it comes to selecting team mates, I always tend to go with the hard working guys, even if they have just above average technical skills. We can always improve it, as I said before.

In any case, I'm not gonna be the team leader, as there's no such hierarchy in such small teams formed in college.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    I would prefer a person with strong will of doing anything for project.Even if he/she is not technically strong,it doesn't matter.One can learn technical things as per the need.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    shalini_goel14
    Don't expect any votes from CE team people. I don't know what they think of themselves. Have enough powers. Raj you have also shown that you like dictating with your power just like Team leads do :wink:

For further debating please come with your option also. That would make me put better questions before you .
    There is also one more duty of a leader. A captain takes his team where they wish to be. A leader takes them where they ought to be and where it is best for them, whether they like it or not.
    It is not a nice job but in the end you can not please everyone and need to find different ways of persuasion. But using power is the last method.

Waiting for your choice too.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @Scorpion,

yes you are right that my options are messed up somewhere but if I have not made the things messed up , it would have become much easier for you to give an ideal answer - "I would like to have a person who is technical strong but don't have any attitude and has strong will of doing everything for the project as my team member."
    Right-this is what everyone wants to be in a team ?

But if we take the things practically-this rarely happens, thats why I messed up the options like that OK

Now coming to your answers Scorpion and komputergeek, Well if that fellow who has strong will to do anything fails at any point to solve any technical problem then what will happen to your project? Can your project get complete at any point of time?

PS: Those who have not voted but made a post here, I am assigning them in default option category-"I don't care -Neutral" OK πŸ˜‰
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Well,I would chose a technical bond with a strong will to do anything for the project..
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    miniy
    Well,I would chose a technical bond with a strong will to do anything for the project..
    Madam miniy, Please do the honor of giving explanation and also if possible the answer for the question I put up for Scorpion and komputergeek in my last post here.

Thanks
    Shalini
  • Differential
    Differential
    I would go for "A technically average person but with strong will of doing anything for project".

Because
    1) making the person technically good is comparatively easy.
    2) For me, willpower is on top of pyramid. Then comes technicality.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    OK, Differential, If you have chosen the people's those who is will , but don't have the enough ability to cope up with you and do some project...then what will you do?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    A Techincal Bond person would better suit off a TEAM LEAD 😁 as he needs to guide TMs. for TMs strong willed people are needed with clue of what they are going to do

PS man of words fit the more higher posts 😁 no offence to any one
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    So Durga, Your vote goes to?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @Y-Not & miniy Without explanation I am not going to count your vote in option2(your option will be considered as option 4-default) OK

@Differential "will power comes at the top of pyramid" Very well said 😁

OK guys I have a question for all those who have opted for option 2- please answer it to become a part of this debate ok. πŸ˜€

"Well now you all have any Mr/Ms X who has strong will of doing anything for your project. Now let us assume he/she fails at any point of time or get stuck in some technical problems or need some time to solve any problem that any technical bond could do it in very less time."

So what will be your take in such a situation? Wouldn't you get tense whether your project will get completed in given deadline or not?

Please answer ! Waiting for your replies πŸ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Oh devil Shalini. Whatever option another person chooses you seem to have a counter point. It is a Catch-22 situation here. That is why I said that we can not have only one type of members. You are a cricket fan so I will take its example. You can not have all bowlers or all batsmen you can not even have all all-rounders. There has to be a kind of homogeneous distribution.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    Oh devil Shalini. Whatever option another person chooses you seem to have a counter point. It is a Catch-22 situation here. That is why I said that we can not have only one type of members. You are a cricket fan so I will take its example. You can not have all bowlers or all batsmen you can not even have all all-rounders. There has to be a kind of homogeneous distribution.
    Well I am just making it a debate because I started this thread. If I will not think from every aspect then how can they prove their points and oppsitions here are not speaking so I am speaking as oppsotion. People here make debate more like a "leave your comment without discussion" kind of thread. Right? I don't think that is called debate?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *music* its getting it hot in here, so.. uh.. chillax! *grin*

I chose option two. I've worked in a lot of teams (both projects and sports), and I believe the "will" is a more powerful factor. I hate it when others in the team don't do anything because they are lazy (and I hate it when I had to shout at them). Its better to instruct those who are eager to complete their tasks on what to do. As long as there is someone who has the technical knowledge, and she/he is able to delegate tasks efficiently, then the team will accomplish tasks much better than an "all knowing" team who do not work well together at all. The key point is knowing the correct tasks to give as well as teamwork!

Another example will be in basketball. Its a team sport.. you rely on each other to cover each others weaknesses, and combine strength in a synergistic fashion. There must be trust for each other and responsibility for completing your own task at the same time.

As the case goes.. "the whole is often greater than the sum its parts."
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    shalini_goel14
    Madam miniy, Please do the honor of giving explanation
    Thanks
    Shalini
    Well,first i told that i would opt for a technically sound person who has also got strong will to do anything for the project(but this option is not there)πŸ˜”..

Your first option says that the person is technically sound.Being technically sound is good, is not a sin.In fact he/she has got an got an edge over others.Knowledge Shared is Knowledge Doubled.This person could be a self starter.He/she may not expect his leader to motivate them..They may complete their work on their own.We can't say that they may not contribute anything to the project.When they are sound and when they know something I am for sure they would be contributing more towards the project.Even they can help other members in the team.But they should not try to dominate others and also other members in the team should not rely only on this person.Hence,I would say that this person possess a perfect blend of technical and soft skills.

Supposing your option1 is"Technically sound person who is not wiilling to contribute anything" then there is no point in having a person who is technically sound,but doesnt have that attitude.This person would remain aloof,may not be interested in teamwork at all.They may not like interacting with others,helping them and so on.(So if first option is in this way,then certainly its ruled out).

Your second option says that person is technically average but has got the strong will to do anything..Means he/she has got a "CAN DO","NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE" attitude..So,I would obviously opt for a person who has got the guts to take up any challenge and finish it off successfully.Its only a matter of determination,dedication,perseverance and self confidence...So this person would certainly possess the following skills

Willingness to learn(which is very very important)
    Willingness to work hard
    articulation,determination ,dedication
    flexible,adaptable
    optimistic thoughts
    and so on..

Nothing is Impossible for a person with this type of attitude,.Where there is a will there is a way.Since he/she is ready to do anything for the project,they would prepare themselves mentally before taking it up.They would have their own plans and would work accordingly..And when something goes wrong,they try to retain their cool and would just work on how they could solve those problems.

One fine day,this technically average person would sure become very sound and would still contribute..After all,Learning is an ever ending process.:smile:

PS:Supposing if your option1 says that person is technically sound(but without strong will),then my vote is for option 2(because my priority is only for those who has got the will and a good open mind to learn everyday).Only the fittest can survive..πŸ‘
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    shalini_goel14
    if possible the answer for the question I put up for Scorpion and komputergeek in my last post here.

Thanks
    Shalini
    Now coming on to your question,

If that fellow who has strong will to do anything fails at any point to solve any technical problem then what will happen to your project? Can your project get complete at any point of time?

Failure is the stepping stone for success.One thing is for sure here.As the person is willing to do anything for successful completion of their project,they would obviously know the problems that they might encounter.They would be well prepared to take on all those and I am for sure they can sort out all issues quickly.Even if there is a severe(different) problem,they wont lose their cool(and mess up the whole thing)because their concentration is only on their work.

They may take help from their team lead,or would just think on their own ways to solve it,might discuss their problem with their colleagues,somehow or other they will get it solved because they are involved and they enjoy their work.This is what we call as TRUE CONTRIBUTION.πŸ˜€

Certainly they can complete their work before the stipulated time period(or deadline).There's no doubt about it..;-)
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @vinod No debate without explanation, so I am counting your voting option as 4 (default option) OK

@ash Thanks for voting being a high level CE team member. Really this hsows your down-to-earth kind of character.

@Miny You simply stole my words. Yes option one includes a technical bond person who is not that much involved in project but interested in learning new new technologies just for his benefits.If I would have mentioned as "A technical bond with strong will for doing anything for project" then there was no point in making this polling right? Everyone would go for that option only. Right?

All those who have opted for option 2 , Please try to answer my following question also. πŸ˜€

shalini_goel14
    "Well now you all have any Mr/Ms X who has strong will of doing anything for your project. Now let us assume he/she fails at any point of time or get stuck in some technical problems or need some time to solve any problem that any technical bond could do it in very less time."

So what will be your take in such a situation? Wouldn't you get tense whether your project will get completed in given deadline or not?

Please answer ! Waiting for your replies πŸ˜€
    One more thing as a all-time-observer, I made some kind of observations(can be called a survey kind of thing) and found that those who are technically ok (more near to technical bonds) always opt for people with strong will for project and people who are not that much good in technical skills always look for technical bonds people.

Shalini :Well my take for above scenario is self-confidence in them. A person who has self-confidence in himself will opt for people similar to option2 type , may be because he/she can fulfill technical requirements and a person who lacks that will opt for opton 1 type people because they think only those people can make projects successful.

What will be your take/thoughts about all this? πŸ˜€
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    shalini_goel14
    @

@Miny Yes option one includes a technical bond person who is not that much involved in project but interested in learning new new technologies just for his benefits.If I would have mentioned as "A technical bond with strong will for doing anything for project" then there was no point in making this polling right? Everyone would go for that option only. Right?
    I thought when you mean technical bond, it goes without saying that he/she is ready to do anything for the project they are working in.Then option 1 could have been "A technical bond who is not that willing to contribute".

Now that its very clear,My vote is for option 2..
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    shalini_goel14
    @Miny You simply stole my words.
    I dont get you mamπŸ˜•
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    miniy
    I dont get you mamπŸ˜•
    Nothing dear πŸ˜€, I am not blaming you for anything. I just meant that you spoke the way I would have spoken πŸ˜‰
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    shalini_goel14
    @vinod No debate without explanation, so I am counting your voting option as 4 (default option) OK

@ash Thanks for voting being a high level CE team member. Really this hsows your down-to-earth kind of character.

@Miny You simply stole my words. Yes option one includes a technical bond person who is not that much involved in project but interested in learning new new technologies just for his benefits.If I would have mentioned as "A technical bond with strong will for doing anything for project" then there was no point in making this polling right? Everyone would go for that option only. Right?

All those who have opted for option 2 , Please try to answer my following question also. πŸ˜€

One more thing as a all-time-observer, I made some kind of observations(can be called a survey kind of thing) and found that those who are technically ok (more near to technical bonds) always opt for people with strong will for project and people who are not that much good in technical skills always look for technical bonds people.

Shalini :Well my take for above scenario is self-confidence in them. A person who has self-confidence in himself will opt for people similar to option2 type , may be because he/she can fulfill technical requirements and a person who lacks that will opt for opton 1 type people because they think only those people can make projects successful.

What will be your take/thoughts about all this? πŸ˜€

Well, Shall I know The persons who is technically bond will choose which option?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I bet he/she would choose option number 3.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    It depends on the character of that technical person , If he is having technical skills as well as the Managing skills and in the case of doing a big project , what option he will choose?
    I am not technically sound guy now, But having confident to be such a guy,
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    yes I guess you are right raj, that option better suits him/her

By the way you know we have one technical bond people then , vinod . He voted for option 3. Ha ha ha 😁

I liked that spirit of that guy. Now you see what I am going to do with him :sshhh:
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ Shalini

thats what I mentioned. You need to have technical bonds as TL . TMs need to be people who are eager to take up challenges and dedicate what ever it takes to complete the project.In case where they are stuck they alwasy have TL to look up for!

what if your TM are techincal bonds and least bothered to work or dont have enough time to dedicate. WIll you be able to complete project then?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Durga dear, things are not about TL or TM. I am talking about YOU madam, What you will do if you have a strong will power person in your team(don't consider as TL or TM-becuase I guess hierarchy concept do not loo good in option 2 πŸ˜‰) and he/she could not find solutions for any technical related issue. Will you be able to solve it? or will you both work together and will find out the solution? or will you ask that fellow to get out of the team-you are of no use, you take lot of time to find out solutions. I will better go with a technical bond person without caring for his attitude towads work?

Please clarify?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    "and he/she could not find solutions for any technical related issue. Will you be able to solve it? or will you both work together and will find out the solution? or will you ask that fellow to get out of the team-you are of no use, you take lot of time to find out solutions. I will better go with a technical bond person without caring for his attitude towads work?"

ANS: both work together and will find out the solution
    because I know we have that zeal to acomplish that task πŸ˜›
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Yo ! That's the spirit durga. Keep it up 😁

@gohm Sir, explanation Please otherwise your vote will be counted in default option (option no 4) πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    haha!
    thanks!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well i never got a team member i desired so i just make sure all the team member gets the desired job they want and of-course the slogging part is equally divided.of-course goin by the poll i wud like to have a technically average person with a strong will....happy finding !!!
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    From the poll, shall I take option 2 as preferable one?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    From the poll, shall I take option 2 as preferable one?
    What is making you to change your option ? If others are the reason Please ignore it, try to be just yourself and if it is you only changing your mind set about a technical bond person. Please do tell us the reason. πŸ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I didnot change .still I am in option 1.But I want the conclusion
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    I didnot change .still I am in option 1.But I want the conclusion
    For conclusion, do debate with CEans in favour of option 2. Then If both sides or any third side if any will give up , I will conclude my observation through this thread about CEans and fact. πŸ˜€
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    ms_cs
    I didnot change .still I am in option 1.
    Would you like to have a technical bond person who is not willing to contribute much towards his team, but just wants to improve his own knowledge??

When it comes to teamwork,it requires inputs and efforts from each and every person.This person(technical bond) would either try to complete everything on his own or would not do anything.He might not like even helping others and that is not healthy at all..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Is there any option, like..." a technical bond person who is not willing" in poll.
    I cant see that
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Is there any option, like..." a technical bond person who is not willing" in poll.
    I cant see that
    Yes first option can be called so thats why second option was made πŸ˜›.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    So will a technical bond person will be a good team member?? does only technical knowledge is enough for a team to be successfull???.........at least my team will have mix of everything,all nerds are a no-no.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Answer will depend on the situation when I am selecting that person.

Suppose there is a new module where I am going to make great technical changes then first options suits to me. Otherwise Its always better to go with a person who have desire to learn things. In more then 80% cases i will mark 2 as my option.

-CrazyBoy is back
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @J2R On what basis, you voted for option1 . Please explain and debate against your opponent's points.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well a technically bond persons are needed in teams,but their role is limited to just an advisor or consultant,which is also a need...
  • scorpionmaks
    scorpionmaks
    "So if any of you ever get a chance to make a team for any of your project-what kind of people you would like to take in your project?"
    In my opinion, i shall choose option 2 kind of people willing to do anything for a project. The reason is, if i have any technical bond person who doesn't have the sense of teamwork in my team then it would disturb the harmony and which will surely going to affect the project performance.
    Instead, if i have a unit of willing and dedicated people and if in case they stuck up at any thing because of their lack of knowledge/ experience. It will be my resposibility to guide them to enhance their potential.

As someone rightly said... "You can awake a person in sound sleep but you can't awake him if anybody who's just making a show"
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    scorpionmaks
    As someone rightly said... "You can awake a person in sound sleep but you can't awake him if anybody who's just making a show"
    Good answer scorpionmaks but I have a doubt - Do you think those technical people just make a show? What kind of show they make? They join your team for making shows? I am totally confused about this "show" word. I feel if he is technically bond person and has capability to mke your project a success, then what kind of "show" he/she will make?

Please clear me about this "making a show" thing. πŸ˜•
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    @ scorpionmarks : its true a technically bond person has an ego,but they are straight and if handle properly can travel any distance to achive your goal!! unfortunately poeple cant handle them and declare they have attitude problem!!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    sauravgoswami
    @ scorpionmarks : its true a technically bond person has an ego,but they are straight and if handle properly can travel any distance to achive your goal!! unfortunately poeple cant handle them and declare they have attitude problem!!!
    No body is perfect in everything!!

What if a person is technically sound in one subject and we need to work on some other subject as well with the same team. A person who has desire to learn can beat anyboy at that time. Thats why I told that answer of this question depends upon the situation of the proect, otherwise this will remain a open ended debatable topic. 😁

-Crazy
  • scorpionmaks
    scorpionmaks
    @Shalini
    The "making a show " thing suggests that the person is not actually sleeping but pretending to be in a sound sleep.
    Here i assumed a technical bond person with selfish attitude towards the project.
    We tried every possible thing to motivate the tech bond person but he's still not willing to contribute towards project's success just because his own ego. Then u can't much rely upon him.
    I agree if that bond person has the capability to make the project successfull we must respect his views but unless and untill he keep aside his egoistic behaviour.

@Saurav
    I agree with what u said "they are straight and if handle properly can travel any distance to achive your goal!! ". But it's not always true that every tech bond person is egoistic.
    The knowledge and experience always deserves top respect. But here i assumed the bond person who's actually using them to satisfy his own desires and not for the project success.

@Shalini
    PS: Plz. correct me if unknowingly i'm getting away from actual topic πŸ˜•
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Agreed,In fact the when the word team comes in mind is different poeple coming from different background coming together to achive exceptional,and a team is made up of deifferent team members having varied backgrounds!!!
    No more debate on this from me now!!!
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    I opt for second option .
    because as said by crazyboy if the person is technically sound in one subject and in mean time if we want to do the project which is entirely different from the technology in which he is good.
    At that time there arises the topic of attitude ,the person who is technically sound will think in negative way in spite of learning the new technology.
    thus i will prefer the member who are eager to learn things and has the desire to complete the project because i'l come under this category
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ok Well debated guys, now comes my one more question for you all πŸ˜€

From one of my post in this thread, I made cleared that we are not talking for people who have both capabilities:
    1. Technical Bond
    2. Strong will to do anything for your project

Reason was because evryone would prefer such people to see as their team member.So no more say about "depend on situation" ok .

Now here I have observed that majority of CEans goes with option no 2 and not option1 , so can you guys answer something about this -

"Why do companies give preference to a technical bond person while doing recruitments, why not they look for persons with strong will power but average technical skills? "

Do they think that that technical bond person will never be a problem for them and will always be on a safer side rather than option2 type people?
    or
    Do they think that a strong will person's dedication & learning skills is useless for their company?

Anyone has any ideas for my this question? Please make the things clear to me.πŸ˜• Expecting answers atleast from option2 voters. πŸ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @Shalini : Is there any company giving preference to tech bond guys who dont have will to do a project..? If yes Let me know the company name?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    shalini_goel14
    "Why do companies give preference to a technical bond person while doing recruitments, why not they look for persons with strong will power but average technical skills? "
    Misconception.

At the time of recuritment compnies do stress more on attitude and willingness to learn.

😁
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I agree with you...But they give same preferences to tech skills..
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    shalini_goel14

. πŸ˜€
    I dont think now a days companies are giving importance for technical bond people.I have rather heard many people saying that only average people gets a chance.I hope during recruitment only our confidence level and attitude is checked out.

I heard Human Resource Manager of a top MNC saying that at times he would reject overqualified candidates and the reason he gave for that was they might go for higher studies or would leave their organisation if they find a better choice.I was dumbstruck after listening to his words.But this is not the case with all MNC's.There are companies that do give importance for technical bond people(but less number).They want BEST OF THE BEST.(A person who is strong in all areas).

In fact,they are looking out only for this type of people(who has got the strong will and a CAN DO attitude)..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The folks at Startups.in published the story of CrazyEngineers. If you have some free time, head over to: The Committed Entrepreneur behind CrazyEngineers.com | Indian Startups In News
After having a successful meet in Pune in 2008; let's have a meet in Pune. I bet we have quite a lot of CEans from Pune City! So fellas, jump...
respected sirs i am final BTech mechanical student i chose magnetic refrigeration as my seminar topic and am not satisfied with my work of collecting some data on it and...
Folks! A lot has been said about solar energy and its uses. However, we haven't been able to make the best possible use of solar energy till today. Why not...
sir i am a B.tech student with I.T decipline and currently in my 6th sem.. sir after this sem i have to do my summer training for 8 weeks..kindly suggest...