Teaching after BE/BTech

I need this info regarding my friend, who is a 2012 pass-out, in Computer Science.

He wants to know how does one become a lecturer after BTech. He is even ready to teach at diploma colleges, if not engineering. From what I know, he is good at theory and concepts.

Any info regrading this will be appreciated. Thank you !

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In India, you need a PG degree; mostly M.Tech I believe to be able to get a job as a lecturer in a college. For diploma, I'm not aware of the minimum qualifications.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    You will need ME or MTech qualification now a days. Else you end up as a teaching assistant and never as a lecturer.
  • avii
    avii
    Thank you for replying guys. I have found a friend who completed MTech recently & now working as a lecturer. He said their college hires BTech grads too.

My friend is in deep financial problems, teaching job will be temporary. Now current options are lecturer in a diploma college or lab assistant in engineering. He goes with whichever pays more.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    B.tech. degree is eligible for starting career in lecturer in B.Tech. however M.Tech. preferred, helps much in further promotions.
    It's quite not easy to switch job from lectureship to again tech field so I advice your friend to go for masters as soon as possible. there are many colleges who provide sponsorship for further study to their personnel. Also in pay scale view, in starting he may not get upto mark but after dong masters and may be Phd, hike will be good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to create to create pc suite using java. already i know have nokia pc suite there. but i want to make some automation send sms and some extra...
Engineering team at Brigham Young University (BYU) have found that the sound of rain can help determining the overall health of the bridge. The engineers call the method, impact-echo testing...
Can anybody help me where I can get Magic voice calling for Micromax X600 model. It helps to change our voice while calling to others...
S.Korea's already invaded the world with their latest 'Gangnam Style' but next in the line is country's biggest startup event called beLaunch 2013. The event will take place between May...
Okay, I'm keeping this as anonymous poll with two most obvious choices the media is presenting. I think it will be interesting to see who do CEans favor among Mr....