TCS Interview For Chemical Engineer

TCS interviews are being conducted and i m a chemical engineer but i want to go for it please help me out how should i prepare for it

Replies

• avii
    avii
    It's for a software engineering post, I assume. So what kind of help are you looking?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    TCS does recruit engineers from variety of engineering branches; but I'm not sure about Chemical engineers. Have you filled up the TCS Nextstep Registration and Application?
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    actually i want help in entrance exam of TCS which happens generally in college the aptitude one ...........tips for that what part to focus more or less about that
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    thank you so much this will be a great help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    no i haven't filled up next step application form . plz help me in that too
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sure. Fill up the form and ask any questions you may have here.
    Akanksha Gupta
    no i haven't filled up next step application form . plz help me in that too
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    but nextstep site is too busy sort of errors are coming
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    please help me if i could sign through any other way
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    In my college, TCS din't allowed student from Chemical Engg Dept to sit in the test.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    This sounds very stupid. But TCS got me reading and since this is a chemical engg backdrop, Why does Technetium form a disulphide and not a sulphide?

Why TcS2 and not TcS?

Valency of Tc = 2
    Valency of S = 6

If I were a TCS panelist, I would ask this to a Chemical Engineer ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    Shashank Moghe
    This sounds very stupid. But TCS got me reading and since this is a chemical engg backdrop, Why does Technetium form a disulphide and not a sulphide?

Why TcS2 and not TcS?

Valency of Tc = 2
    Valency of S = 6

If I were a TCS panelist, I would ask this to a Chemical Engineer ๐Ÿ˜€
    Well thats because sulphur shows variable valencies and the oxidation state in which S combine with Tc is 4.
    So, am I hired?? ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Neda Hashmi
    Well thats because sulphur shows variable valencies and the oxidation state in which S combine with Tc is 4.
    So, am I hired?? ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Yes of course you are ๐Ÿ˜€ One thing is still not clear to me. How is the covalent bond formed with a valency of 4 ? With two S atoms and one Tc atom?
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    Shashank Moghe
    Yes of course you are ๐Ÿ˜€ One thing is still not clear to me. How is the covalent bond formed with a valency of 4 ? With two S atoms and one Tc atom?
    You intrigued me. I did some research on Tc and found out that along with S, Tc also shows variable valencies.
    Now, we have two possibilities of structure of TcS2,
    1) If S is saturated, and Tc shows valency of 2, it can form cross-linked structure.
    2) Second possibility is that both have the valency of 4 and are linked by double bond on each side.
    I am not sure though. I simply did my chemistry. but the reason behind the structure is valency only.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Neda Hashmi
    You intrigued me. I did some research on Tc and found out that along with S, Tc also shows variable valencies.
    Now, we have two possibilities of structure of TcS2,
    1) If S is saturated, and Tc shows valency of 2, it can form cross-linked structure.
    2) Second possibility is that both have the valency of 4 and are linked by double bond on each side.
    I am not sure though. I simply did my chemistry. but the reason behind the structure is valency only.

Well, I have always been very poor at chemistry. So both the solutions sound fair to me. Good job though ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The real reason is thermodynamics. If you are a chemical engineer, get to the chemical engineering thermodynamics of all possibilities of chemical compound formation. The most common structure is not the only structure, but the most thermodynamically favourable one (i.e. most spontaneous).
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Im not a CE but a ME and thermo is my favorite. Unfortunately, I could not get the enthalpies of formation for both these compounds.

Even so, as you must know, thermochemistry gives you the energies involved, and not the reason behind those quantum. You cannot always find the cause from the effect. Hence my question.
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The real reason actually has to do with a combination of stereochemistry, quantum and statistical mechanics. If you do an energy level by energy level analysis of the overlaps involved in the compound formations you will find a more stable configuration in the one that is most commonly found. It will be difficult for me to explain without going into some hardcore theoretical chemistry but that's how you try to explain why a compound forms the way it does.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    That would be interesting to know, but I am sure would be fairly a bouncer. We used to use Chemkin for combustion analysis study in Grad school. The sheer number of chemical reactions blew my mind. Of the 4th order! Never realized there were so many intermediate steps to a global reaction ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to produce a triangular wave using 4046. anybody help me....
SIR, I want to 3rd year projects related to manufacturing so please give some topics & idea of that projects
Months after its first tablet, Flipkart sought the expertise of Intel to build and launch five new tablets on its website. Flipkart has launched Digiflip Pro tablets in three screen...
Researchers from the Vienna University of Technology TU Wien) have been able to successfully demonstrate how quartz glass can exhibit the properties of a metal (for fractions of a second)...
While other smartwatch manufactures are opting for Android Wear, Samsung is sticking with its home grown Tizen based wearable platform with the Gear S. The Gear S is quite different...