Tax Havens: How do we invest in them?

Today, I read an article in ET, that people who wish to invest money in India through Cyprus route will be eligible for short term gains deductions. Also, if you are an NRI, when you bring money to India, it is tax free.

My question is opposite,

1.How can someone invest money in so called tax havens while sitting in India.
and
2. If anybody invests an amount say INR 1,00,000 in some foreign country bank, with 9% interest rate, the interest will be INR 9000. But He/She has earned that interest in a foreign country. So I want to avoid paying tax on INR 9000 to Indian Government (legally ). Can I do that?

P.S: These questions are based on academic curiosity.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alright so this thread is dedicated to adding 1000 things one can do when one is getting bored at home or office or at park or even at a mall....
So, a lot of people I know want to do something of their own. Many people who hate their jobs want to quite and get a startup running. But the...
Quick Question: Do you think we should have one 'Engineering & Technology News' section like we have present or categorise news in various sections (like we used to do before)?...
After Apple made its buzz by introducing the iPhone 5S with TouchID i.e. the fingerprint recognition sensor, the world's attention got into the not-so-new identity technology. Fingerprint Cards now has...
Quote: At the 2013 International CES earlier this year, a Belkin/Jarden partnership was announced that would offer Internet-connected devices, such as coffee machines and crockpots, to grant consumers everywhere the...