Tata Docomo 3G Data Stick Unlimited Data Plans Review

I'm excited to see the Tata Docomo HSPA+ 3G e-stick. However, the data plans aren't very impressive. Tata's put a cap on the maximum data you can download (even in unlimited plans). For example, -

3G 3.6 Mbps Don 5 GB @ 1000 Plan gives you peak speed of 3.6 MBPS, but you can download only 5GB of data at the peak speed. Once you've crossed the limit, the speed will drop to 128kbps. 😔

Similarly,
3G 3.6 Mbps Don 10 GB @1250 Plan offers only 10 GB of data download at the peak speed.

Given the pricing, I believe BSNL is still the king in the 3G domain. What's your take?

Replies

• chowdarypmr
    chowdarypmr
    This is regarding Tata Docomo 3g stick. If you want to get irritating yourself, choose this. Even though they are telling of speed 3.1 Mbps, it will reach on an occassion and it wont give a guarenteed minimum speed of 300 Kbps also. The fluctuations are very high. I have the 3.1 stick 1000/- plan (postpaid) and most of the time i am getting a speed of 0.3 Mbps 0.5 Mbps. They are keep on taking the new complaints as long as I am giving and closing the issues, Once I had crossed the 5gb( high speed limit ) each month. Each month they will take the complaint and ask for two to three days for resolution, after two days they will tell that we are transfering ur complaint to network team and it will be resolved. After two days, you will get one msg to ur mobile saying that, we will need two more days to resolve the issue. This will happen for months and months. I am facing this problem from 4 months. I had raised so many complaints from 4 months, but the issue is not resolved yet. They are telling ....... and passing the days. In a month you will get hardly 4 to 5 days of good speed if you give 2 or 3 complaints. Dont expect more than that from docomo.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I interviewed Rohan Shravan of NotionInk about his background, starting up and the Adam Tablet. Take a look here: Rohan Shravan On NotionInk’s Adam - CrazyEngineers
The phenomenon known as lunar perigee or Supermoon will occur on 19th of March 2011. The moon will be only 221,567 miles away from our planet, which is the closest...
This thread is dedicated to the construction details and the latest status update of One World Trade Center. The tower is also called as 'Freedom Tower' and here are the...
I'm wondering whether there's any app available for Android OS similar to PUTTY program (SSH client). Any alternatives would do as well 😀
Hi CEans I'm starting this thread to gain some basic information about terms involved in all trades.Hope it would be beneficial for all the Ceans 😀 Here,one must post the...