Talk with Aziz Premji - What makes Indian tech education lose its shine?

Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro had to drop his education from Stanford at the age of 21 to build his company and he was able to continue his education even after 15 years through correspondence.
Recently he said, "If I was a young person today, I would still go to a good U.S. school. The Indian schools can be very narrow and technical: It's engineering. Foreign schools give you a broad experience with your engineering degree. The cultural experience I got in the U.S. was useful: It's expensive but it's worth it.

Which University in India will allow a 15 years back dropout to continue his/ her education from that semester? Majority of the western universities allow their dropouts to complete their education through correspondence. Such flexibilities, Intellectual climate, lifestyle, opportunities, free society etc continue to be the driving force behind getting an American education. Some of these students who returned to India after graduation were successful in tapping the unprecedented opportunities that exist in the country and made an entry in top Indian bellwethers list.

There are lots of emerging business opportunities in India and education is an integral part of countries growth. It is high time for us to analyze: what makes Indian tech education lose its shine?"

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I saw frooty coming online a few minutes before and I was waiting for her to post something so that I could read it. I knew she would post something interesting. Thanks frooty for this post.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan- AbraKaDabra doesn't require any introduction. She is one of the young budding engineer at CE who is very actively involved in managing CE activity. She is a helping hand...
Women Friends chatting in office. Woman 1: I had a fine evening, how was yours? Woman 2: it was a disaster. My husband came home, ate his dinner in three...
Am a mechanical engineering student........ Doing 3rd semester............. Give me more informations on undercutting of gears......
help i need some help on the material that trap solar and convert to other form of energy and if u have picture pleas send me , I am an...
hi What is java servlets and for what purpose it is used?