Tagging On CE Has Been Improved!

CEans,

We #-Link-Snipped-# the tagging feature on CE a few days ago and it had its own limitations. But today, we're happy to launch improved tagging that works on usernames with spaces and also through your status messages and profile posts. Tagging is incredibly useful feature to attract other CEan's attention and automatically notify them through alerts.

Keep tagging!

For The New CEans:-

You can tag any other CEan on CE, provided you know their user name. For example, if you want to tag CEan Durga; you can do so by appending '@' symbol in front of the username. Ex: #-Link-Snipped-# . Our system will start suggesting probable usernames to make the whole process easier.

If you have questions or feedback, post it in this thread ๐Ÿ˜€ ! Happy Tagging!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    wokay!!
    By the way can we use alias names for CEanusername???
    aka #-Link-Snipped-# instead of #-Link-Snipped-#???

oh! I can already see, its not possible!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ They are different usernames. I think such alias names can't be used, as there is no way of tracking such names..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    durga
    wokay!!
    By the way can we use alias names for CEanusername???
    aka #-Link-Snipped-# instead of #-Link-Snipped-#???

oh! I can already see, its not possible!
    What is the use of using aliases? We can't do that in any other platforms like twitter or facebook either.

I find this feature really useful at times. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# (mostly for bringing people's attention to the threads.)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, tagging now works almost everywhere you'd typically expect it to work. In new threads, post replies, profile posts (on your and someone else's profile), updating your status messages etc. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ SS, @ AKD (see, this is what i refered to as alias ). instead of #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice Nice ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm happy to see that a lot of our regular members and also new members are actively using the tagging feature. We'll continue to roll out new features ( I repeat, 2012 is going to be special ๐Ÿ˜€ ). You have a sub-section "Site Related Questions & Answers" where you can post your questions/feedback etc. and help improve CE. ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Taking cue from #-Link-Snipped-#, there should be a facility of making nick names. Like #-Link-Snipped-# should assign himself "Biggie" as a nick name. This because many people call him "Biggie". It should be flexible (member should be able to change it at will)and not hardwired in server as The DOB feature.

#-Link-Snipped-#: Lets be pioneer of this feature. Even Twitter and FB does not have it!
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    #-Link-Snipped-# . Great work there.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    #-Link-Snipped-# :Nice feature ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    While tagging, the system is showing the suggestions below the post. Is it possible to display those suggestions below the line where we are typing?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    While tagging, the system is showing the suggestions below the post. Is it possible to display those suggestions below the line where we are typing?
    It should be possible; but could be a limitation of the post editor. Will see if showing the suggestions next to the cursor looks good.

By the way, you can auto-complete the suggestion as soon as it's highlighted in the suggestions box by hitting the 'Enter' key. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have a suggestion to remove @ symbol from the final post.
    I mean , If I want to say great work The_Big_K . in current tagging system I have say
    great work #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've often envisioned a place where every individual gets to talk in his/her own mother-tongue and there's no problem in communication. Microsoft, at TechFest 2012 has demonstrated a similar technology...
I would like to know how to specify a belt, when purchasing one. besides stating its type (flat, V , round or rigged) , what else should you specify ?...
Hii...can anyone give me idea about project based on verilog HDL?? (Programming based..no hardware implementation..e.g. ALU,oscillator.)
hi all how is the braking force of a brake system of an automobile determined and how is the distance travelled after braking calculated. what is the data required besides...
...about finding your own comfort zone. Do you agree?