@shruti palod • 13 Oct, 2009
Hi friends

Can anyone tell me that why there are 18 T-states
in the call instructions of an 8085 microprocessor

thankyou
@Harshad Italiya • 14 Oct, 2009 If you know that how CALL instruction functions then its very simple to calculate T states

Assume at Memory Location 2000H instruction CALL 3000H is written

During a call instruction the uP pushes the current value of program counter(16 bit ie 2 byte | Here it is 2000H) to the stack and then copies the new value from the memory(specified in the instruction | Here 3000H)

So now
6 T state Opcode fetch

+ Memory write * 2 (PC pushed to stack) ( 3+3 )

+ Memory read * 2 (New value of PC fetched from memory) ( 3+3 )

ie 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 18 T-states.
@shruti palod • 22 Oct, 2009 Re: thanks for the reply

Hi
thanks for the reply
It increased my knowledge about
call instructions.
@Harshad Italiya • 26 Oct, 2009 Re: thanks for the reply

shruti palod
Hi
thanks for the reply
It increased my knowledge about
call instructions.
You are most welcome. Looking forward to see you active on crazyengineers.
@Manan Thakar • 18 Feb, 2011 Plz, ans me that ,Why fetching of call instruction requires 6 t-states?

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...