CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@shruti palod • 13 Oct, 2009
Hi friends

Can anyone tell me that why there are 18 T-states
in the call instructions of an 8085 microprocessor

thankyou
@Harshad Italiya • 14 Oct, 2009 If you know that how CALL instruction functions then its very simple to calculate T states

Assume at Memory Location 2000H instruction CALL 3000H is written

During a call instruction the uP pushes the current value of program counter(16 bit ie 2 byte | Here it is 2000H) to the stack and then copies the new value from the memory(specified in the instruction | Here 3000H)

So now
6 T state Opcode fetch

+ Memory write * 2 (PC pushed to stack) ( 3+3 )

+ Memory read * 2 (New value of PC fetched from memory) ( 3+3 )

ie 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 18 T-states.
@shruti palod • 22 Oct, 2009 Re: thanks for the reply

Hi
thanks for the reply
It increased my knowledge about
call instructions.
@Harshad Italiya • 26 Oct, 2009 Re: thanks for the reply

shruti palod
Hi
thanks for the reply
It increased my knowledge about
call instructions.
You are most welcome. Looking forward to see you active on crazyengineers.
@Manan Thakar • 18 Feb, 2011 Plz, ans me that ,Why fetching of call instruction requires 6 t-states?
8.1k views

Related Posts

@bharathkumarp · May 15, 2010

HI CEans... I attend an aptitude test belongs to Globarena... It consists of 10 questions,each with 4 options.And 10 min time. If possible try to solve within the Time. Its...
8.9k views

@Anil Jain · Jan 12, 2010

Recently I received an e-mail from one of my friend stating a few facts about the vastly discussed movie '3 idiots', these are a few facts we have not noticed...
9.5k views

@SDKING · Mar 26, 2013

architecture of 80386 microprocessor.. i want block diagram for it??
6.7k views

@Yatin Verma · Mar 6, 2014

Sir,I have registered in TCS and i haven't got the HALL Ticket till now.My Reference ID is DT2014220
5.1k views

@demetron · Oct 5, 2012

some times i really think that taking Comp. Sc. as my stream of BE....restrict me in many ways specially when i compare it any other core branch.I mean i can't...
6.9k views