T 20 - World's twenty tall buildings

Despite the economic crisis and despite near Richter grade 9 quakes supertall structures are coming up. Though it appears an inappropriate phrase, many are in the pipeline and more at the concept stage.

Problems of infrastructure to support such buildings like lifts, plumbing, water supply, power supply and earthquake proofing, fire protection notwithstanding, there seems to be no end to the dreams rising.

The Bloomberg Businessweek article on the worl'ds 20 tall ones makes for interesting viewing.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, Well, not much to talk about myself, I studied Information system and graduated last year from IT collage. I have interest in developing websites. I like to make...
Apple Mac owners may no longer flaunt that their OS has no malware. The Flashback malware affected several thousands macs all over the world and Apple promised a removal tool....
Old Story vs. Indian Version 😛​{little bit lengthy, but you gonna enjoy that}​​ The Old Story: The Ant works hard in the withering heat all summer building its house and...
de purpose for joining CE is to get info abt new thngz in engineering
cn any one tell me whts de scope of masters in engineering management in US?