Switching To OSX On Mac From Windows PC - Experience Sharing

Do we have CEans here who've made a switch from Microsoft Windows to to Apple OSX? If yes, how's your experience of switching the operating system: - learning curve, ease of use, installing software, choice of software, system stability etc.

Share your story ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I am using Mac OS X at my office for some design specific work. Yeah, I find it kinda difficult to understand the Windows Keyboard mapping between Alt, Ctrl and Windows! ๐Ÿ˜” I took a lot of time (2 days) to understand the difference between Control key and Command key!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Even in Mac itself, When someone switches from old versions of Mac to Mac OS X Lion, they find the mouse wheel to scroll different! ๐Ÿ˜” That might take some time to get used to. I have used Windows, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and Mac OS X Lion! ๐Ÿ˜€

Regarding typography and presentations, Mac is awesome! Man! What a collection of fonts. And, Apple KeyNote? What to say? 3D presentations made easy! And a big support for iOS games like Angry Birds, etc. Did I forget to mention Apple Final Cut Pro? Oh my god! The awesome tool I have ever seen to author and edit movies! Finally, Photo Booth! The awesome image manipulator!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love Mac plus I am comfortable with Windows!

This is my experience.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Video Watermarking 2. Shopping Cart development using Message Gateway integration 3. Client system Monitoring via Mobile based Message integration 4. X-Ray Annotation 5. Automated Time Based Application Runner 6....
JAVA GSM Based Projects: 1. GSM Based LAN WATCHER. 2. GSM Based Download Manager. 3. Spynet Using GSM. 4. Traffic Alert System using GSM. 5. GSM based Group Chatting Application....
What is the highest transmission voltage in India? I didnt get any exact answer.
Anna's Revolution for Lokpal . Jawaharlal nehru proposed it in 1947 for a lokpal its pending since then !!! Blaming only the UPA is not right it has not come...
InCTF 12 is a National Festival organized by Amrita Universirty, Kollam. InCTF '12 captures the Flag India's only Ethical Hacking contest which is likely to get started within this week....