Switching Off Cellphones in Flight - Is it necessary?

Every time you board a flight and the air-hostesses give you n number of instructions of what to do and what not to, one thing is permanent across all the flights. 'Switch off your cellphones during the time between take-off and landing'. I always wondered why did we have to do that. They told me it interferes with the operations of the pilot while we are airborne.

This video here has a completely different point of view -

What do you think people?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An anechoic chamber in Minneapolis's Orfield Laboratory holds the Guinness world record for the world's quietest place at -9.4 decibels. As humans can only detect sounds above 0 decibels, the...
Hi everyone, I am... Name: Marsha Bills *Engineering Trade: I was an Electronics Engineering student then I shifted to Electrical . Location: From Phil. *Occupation: I am still a student,...
Foursquare has updated their blackberry app and the updated is app is available in the blackberry app store. According to a blog post on Foursquare blog, the new app is...
NHK, Japan announced this 145-inch Ultra High Definition plasma display, which has 16 times the resolution of a regular Full HD display. This prototype was co-developed with Panasonic. And the...
How could the electronics giant LG remain behind in the race for the cloud? The company promised that they will launch the 'LG Cloud' service, that will let you upload...