Swarming Spherical Robot Hedgehogs to Explore Space

Swarming robots both of fiction and fact are very common. One more swarm from Stanford University, working with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, deployed from a coffee table sized mother carft will do space exploration in low gravity asteroids and small moons.
These small (half meter diameter spheres) with hedgehog spines in the place of wheels have three flywheels oriented in each axis. These highly manoeuvrable agile robots can study the environment with a variety of instruments on moons and asteroids of low gravity where wheels are of little use.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I work in an UK FMCG Company which manufactures Liquid Soaps.I have been particularly assigned a project to improve the efficiency of Liquid Soap Pouching Machine. The Machine runs...
My project is "Alive human being detection using mobile robot". micro-controller used for this project is pic16F873A. But inorder to move and control the motor i got coding in micro-controller...
Case Study on Ubuntu: Ubuntu surprised the world by unveiling Ubuntu for Phones. It has a ability to transform smartphones (even your existing Android) into a Desktop PC. What exactly...
Rectifiers are made of diodes. similarly amplifiers are made of transistors. so then what are oscillators made of ? can you guys tell me more about the construction of oscillators,...
Can any1 tell me whether this company is real or not??? and if it is please tell me whether i should go for it? https://www.dcsit.in/