Surprizing! ebook readers' popularity grows faster than tablets!

The popularity and adoption of ebook readers like Amazon Kindle has almost doubled in the US and it is more than the tablets. This is surely surprizing. TechCrunch Pew: Adoption Of E-Readers Doubles In 6 Months, Bigger Than Tablets • TechCrunch-

A new #-Link-Snipped-# of U.S. adults conducted in May, 2011 shows that ownership of electronic readers such as the Amazon Kindle or The Barnes & Noble Nook is now at 12 percent. The ownership of e-readers doubled from six months prior when it was 6 percent.
The adoption of e-readers continues to outpace tablets such as the iPad and Motorola Xoom. Only 8 percent of respondents said they won a tablet, compared to 5 percent six months earlier. So tablet ownership seems to be growing at a slower pace.
Now, I had this idea that the tablets can very well be the ebook readers with dozens of ebook apps. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone know why's this happening?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Three reasons I can say for this...
    1. They contain most of the features of tablets, like apps. 😀
    2. They are cheap. 😁
    3. They can be used for reading stuffs, while tablets are not extensively used for that! 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to do engineering in Mechatronics branch but it is available in very less colleges in India. In Jaipur it is only available in Gyan Vihar University which is...
i am learning catia software, i also want to another software but can't decide between ansys and unigraphix. Please help me make the choice. The applications of both the softwares...
hey friends i just started a project on designing and analysis of shell and tube type tubular heat exchanger and need a help on that what type of data i...
hie dis s sravani...entering into final year now...can someone suggest me any ideas for doing my project...my area of interest s data base..
I've done B.tech in Electrical & Electronics from a small unreputed college and only software companies come for recruitment. I want to know that which sector job will give me...