Surface finishing process: SuperFinishing

This is an abrasive process, in which abrasive stones of very fine grit size about 400 to 600 is used. The final product produced is very polished and almost always perfect. This is such a fine process that, a very thin layer of material is removed. This layer ranges to about, 0.005mm to 0.02mm.
The actual process consists of a stick of abrading materials incorporated in it. The process advances very slowly with the work rotating or moving at 2 to 20m/min and the stick oscillating rapidly at a frequency of 550 to 1850 strokes per minute. This process is very light handedly done and a force not more than 10Kg is applied on it.
The lubricants generally used are mixtures of oil and Kerosene. Lubrication makes the final product a high quality one.
This process can be done any where even on a simple Lathe machine, or any machine in your workshop.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The description of the video says: "We're hiring autocompleters for Google Search! Are you passionate about helping people? Are you intuitive? Do you often feel like you know what your...
I am facing problem in configuring the Apache.Installed Apache 2.2. When i m trying to save edits, using notepad to the confg file but i get "Access is Denied" and...
There are two cities A and B 1000 km apart. An elephant is having 3000 bananas with him which he has to carry from city A to B. He can...
This is the video of Celebration in Vadodara,Gujarat after India won the WC. There was traffic jam everywhere. [youtube]ftsDhuuF1Sk[/youtube]​
HI How to code x(t)=y(t)+x(t-1) with the initial value of x or x(0)=100 in matlab simulink (not m-file)? Thanks