Summer Internship at Directi - Application Process & Experiences 2013 & 2014

Directi seems to offer great summer internship opportunities for engineering students.
I digged the application process for becoming a summer intern at Directi and here's what I found -

Those who wish to apply can directly send an email on -> intern @ directi . com
Include the following information in your email -
  1. Your resume
  2. The dates you will be available for an internship
  3. Your preferred location (Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore)
  4. Why you would like to work at Directi (in under 140 characters)
Computer Science and IT graduate engineering students can get to work on the following projects at Directi

Projects you could be working on include:
  1. Ad networks which serve billions of ads annually
  2. Desktop clients using latest in Web 2.0 standards and complex P2P networking protocols (DHT, ICE etc)
  3. Advanced self-learning heuristic antispam algorithms
  4. Communication and collaboration platform
  5. Multi-lingual, large scale, semantic analysis engine which finds meaning in million of documents daily
I believe that is indeed some great live project work that can shine on your resume as well as give you great hands-on experience.

Has anyone worked as an intern at Directi before? Please share your experiences with us. It will help fellow engineers understand the nature of work offered, stipend and other details.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I just went on to read more about this and found that once any of the Directi's recruitment managers get in touch with you via email, you will be contacted by someone from HR.

This will be followed by 3 to 4 rounds of interviews that would involve in-depth test of your knowledge about algorithms and logic. So, the focus would not be on solving the problems shot at you, but on the way you approach the problem.

Those applying for these internships should brush up their knowledge of important concepts in computer science.

PS: Still waiting for someone to share first-hand experience here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As summer is fast approaching, thousands of engineering students in India are looking for opportunities in MNCs to apply for a position of a summer intern. While it might seem...
Ohio State University's research team has made it possible for computers to recognize 21 distinct, complex and even contradictory facial expressions. So the next time you are feeling sad and...
Dear CEans, I am thinking for the civil service exam. And find out there are not specific threads on CE for this(Discussions, Guidance, Study Materials, etc). @CE Admin, Shouldn't there...
NF Corporation of Japan has announced a new programmable current amplifier model CA5350. Capable of amplifying extremely small signals provided by sensors, the amplifier is expected to be extensively used...
Shutterstock, the stock photography agency, recently relocated to its brand new headquarters in the iconic Empire State building. The 85000 sq. feet spanning HQ is ultra-modern, houses a reception area...