Suggestions for IT job in Hyderabad

i am a b-tech graduate in computer science stream(2012 pass-out),with good knowledge in programming languages(c,c++,java, SQL), with an aggregate of 75%.
there are no job facilities in it sector in Hyderabad, my confidence level is going down.
i am in a hopeless situation, can anybody please suggest me something....
further studies is not an option for me...
i want to get a job in it sector....
please suggest me something, which i can do for entering it field....

I even got a job as QA associate 1, in factset, but they kept me on hold since 3 months, and said it may take few more months... :-(

Replies

• aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    hey check out this website
    Fresher Jobs-Govt Jobs,Bank Jobs,Railway Jobs,SBI PO
    its good
    apart from that try walk ins and for now don't be choosy about your career path
    as hiring is slow 4 freshers
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we at CrazyEngineers can & should definitely work to solve the problems that many of our CEans face regarding jobs and recruitments.

Your academic score is good and it shouldn't be a problem in your selection. What I'd recommend is -
    1. Keep preparing for aptitude tests
    2. Keep brushing your knowledge of programming languages & engineering subjects
    You might even start preparing for a certification in the subject / topic of your choice. That might give you an added advantage during selection process.
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    thank you for your suggestions.
    yes i have been doin what u said biggy 😀
    but there are no opportunities.... 😔
    is testing a good field?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check following discussion threads on CrazyEngineers that talk about career in software testing. After reading those articles, share your thoughts in this thread what you think -

#-Link-Snipped-#

and

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    yes biggie, i have checked both the links and also got more clarity.
    so now i think there is equal importance for both testing and development in any company...
    even from the knowledge i gained from academics, it is very clear that wherever there is development there is testing, cause only development of a product is not the end, testing has to be done, so these two steps are essential in SDLC(software development life cycle). 😀
    From the information i gathered about development, it is very clear that the developers will not be actually writing the codes, but in small companies they do develop the code.in MNC's they have a huge database so mostly they put the developers to manage the databases rather than developing codes 😉.
    So at the end its our personnel interest to choose the field of our interest.
    thank you biggie.😀
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    biggie what else can i do. though i got an offer for QA, they have not given me the joining date, and when i asked them, they said they have no requirement, and so it may take few more months, and they will call me when they have the requirement😔
    Now i cant wait for that day, cause i doubt that they would not call me.
    so which is the best certification i can do, which will be useful for me in future for job trials, cause already iam going to have 1year gap, after my btech😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll have to keep looking for newer opportunities until you hear from the company that has recruited you. You might take up new courses (maybe a starter course in QA) or any other field of your interest.

Keep an eye on the walk-ins and any other opportunities that may come up. One year gap shouldn't be a problem, provided you spend it doing something constructive. The company not sending you joining letter isn't your fault.

Career in software testing needs knowledge of several domains - and any certification that you do (networking, programming, hardware) might just be useful at your job.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll tag #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# for their inputs. They've been working as QA and have been quite successful in their careers. They'll be able to offer more insights in this discussion 😀 .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Fortunately-Unfortunately that's the scenario in ALMOST all the fields in IT now a days.

At this point of time, I would suggest you to join any small institute that can offer you an course @ 20/ 30 K for 3 months, as they organize some interviews at the end of the schedule courses. To keep their reputation alive, they would make sure you get at least few of the chance for the interviews.

These institute may not help you technically a long way, but can help you giving a launch pad, to kick start your career.

-Cb
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    thank you 😀biggie...
    i have already joined a institution they said they will bring few companies, but .....
    all fake they did
    nothing...
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    tanvisharma
    thank you 😀biggie...
    i have already joined a institution they said they will bring few companies, but .....
    all fake they did
    nothing...
    Tried Off-Campus Procedure ??
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    haa noo dint get that opportunity....
    in hyderabad there are no off campus being conducted.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    I guess you could apply in some current job openings by Microsoft IDC in Hyderabad. Plus, there are some openings in nearby cities (Like - Bangalore) as well.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    tanvisharma
    haa noo dint get that opportunity....
    in hyderabad there are no off campus being conducted.
    If you are badly in need of money, I suggest you take up some assignments on sites like elance.com. If you are really skilled, working as a freelancer would be more fruitful than waiting for a job from a company.
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    Anand Tamariya
    If you are badly in need of money, I suggest you take up some assignments on sites like elance.com. If you are really skilled, working as a freelancer would be more fruitful than waiting for a job from a company.
    wow... thank you but could please you explain me,about what it is exactly..... 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanvisharma
    wow... thank you but could please you explain me,about what it is exactly..... 😀
    Jobs like elance, odesk, freelancer allow you to list yourself as a service provider in the domain of your expertise. For example, if you are good at PHP - you can list your skills there and bid for projects. If you win the project bid, you will be given contract directly by the company/individuals. It's safe way of working and there are several people who've make quite a good amount of money through freelancing.

You will learn more about how those websites work by visiting their official URLs. Just search on Google and you will find.
  • stella goodwin
    stella goodwin

//------------------ 
    result
    //------------------ 

you can check all it jobs in Hyderabad here : www.resultufo.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is (un)reliably learnt that the government is running short of funds for populist, socially uplifting measures like providing smart phones to BPL population. What is causing more concern is...
hi guys i wanted to know which is better place for pursuing b tech computer science from-manipal university or ip university delhi (mait,usit,ait)?? and guys i am new at this...
Sir, i am doing project on above topic. In this project decided to include following features i.e 1)LED bulb should on and off and also bright and dim according darkness....
Hey guys, i wanna do my project based on Thermoacoustic refrigeration. Some suggests that it is practically not possible, is it true?
can anyone tell me the applications of DSP in power systems.... also let me know about the books related to this topic if any...