suggest witty quotes for engineering branches

Hey all!

After posting my wallpaper of a happy group of young people jumping around, it didn't really please ash. He requested that there be some hammers and tongs and things like that to show the wallpapers are about engineers (much to the chagrin of Shalini and Patty ๐Ÿ˜)

So now, I'm starting with a batch of branch specific, grunge themed wallpapers. However, I need a little help. I need to write a quote under the CE logo in each wallpaper, something witty relating to the branch.
The branches are:

Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Computers & IT, Electronics
(no offence to other branches, I need to fish for resources for their WP)

So shoot with your ideas. Be funny, be witty and remember to be SHORT!!

Let your creativity amuse the world!! ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: suggest witty quotes for engr branches

Well well, the generic quote that applies to CEans [I really think there shouldn't be branch specific wallpapers. We are ONE, united! ] is the one I stole from FC, Pune folks -

"Down To Earth...
    ...but above you all"

• smita89
    smita89
    Yes biggie, I totally agree with the unity thing. I just had an idea about the branch wp. I'll revert back to the unity wallpapers from the next batch ๐Ÿ˜›

Nice quote by the way. And I thought you were against plagiarism ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I am. I haven't used it anywhere, 'officially'. ๐Ÿ˜
  • smita89
    smita89
    ๐Ÿ˜ well lets hope that the FC people don't happen to stumble across this page then!!

Still no suggestions?? Come on, buck up people!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, I wouldn't say I was totally displeased.. it was merely a passing comment ๐Ÿ˜›

We can have specific branch wallpapers, but its the wording we have to be careful with. Nothing that would rise it above other branches (i.e. my branch is the best, without us you guys are nothing, blah blah.. ) ๐Ÿ˜€

If you'll consider telecommunications as a separate branch, I wouldnt mind thinking up of witty quotes!
  • smita89
    smita89
    Sure ash.. something is better than nothing! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Differential
    Differential
    Mechanical : "We MECH the world"
    Electrical: We imagine what you can't see, we see what we can't imagine.

Both are T-shirt quotes from my colleage friends and not mine. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • smita89
    smita89
    I have used something similar for the mech branch "Meching the world"

LOVE the second one ๐Ÿ˜
  • Corpse-Thrust
    Corpse-Thrust
    Computer Sciences : I came, I code, I conquer.

• smita89
    smita89
    oh thats a good one.. I might use it for the next wallpaper. Thanks a ton!!
  • sc_55
    sc_55
    please suggest a quote for Electronics branch too .... it would be a great help...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I recently stumbled upon following article on SitePoint - HTML 5: Now or Never? What do you think about HTML 5? What are your expectations from it?
If you've ever built a highly scalable software, share the details with us. I wish to know what are the typical design/architectural considerations you've made to make your software scalable.
This is our official association of regular gym goers. This association is being formed with an aim to spread health awareness among our engineers. Nominate yourself and be a part...
ICC T20 Starts form 5th June. So Lets Discuss about T20 World Cup Here... group a : India, bangladesh, ireland group b: Pakistan, england, netherlands group c: Australia, srilanka, west...
If you're thinking about picking up an ultra-portable laptop, this week's Hive Five is a great spot to start your comparison shopping. These are the netbooks are those most loved...