Suggest technology stack for my projects

Hi sir
I am a final year student and i wish to produce an useful product/ application for my project!
I am interested on the topics:
1) Webcam Based Credit Card Reader with Face Recognition and also i wish for debit card on purchase on a store making sure that the card belong to the right person so that illegal usage gets prevented.
2) Detection of illegal currency note - As i am from india i wish to make detection of indian currency note detection which will be contributed and i want to implement it in mobile phones and also a software, should make it user friendly.
Kindly please suggest me the language platform to implement these two ideas and also the software to coordinate with this creation!!

Looking forward!
Kindly help me in guiding the basics so that i will work on my best to achieve the results!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. You've chosen nice projects for your final year submissions. I've moved your thread to appropriate section.

For both the projects; the technology stack would be determined by the nature of the application. If you're going the web-way; then PHP, JS, JAVA, Ruby would definitely be useful; and that'd be determined by the way you wish to implement your project.

If the web version isn't necessary - I think you'll still have a huge choice and I'd recommend you to see how you can implement it using the technologies, tools, programming languages you're already aware of. .Net with C# could be used; but I don't recommend it because it's not an open source technology.
  • sri pavithra
    sri pavithra
    Thank you sir for your instant reply!
    I prefer web-way!
    Could you offer me some basic guideliness to initiate the work so that i can go with a proper flow of learning and implementing!

Thanks in advance!
  • sri pavithra
    sri pavithra
    Kindly mention the system requirements sir and also software application to code for the entire project!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sri pavithra
    Thank you sir for your instant reply!
    I prefer web-way!
    Could you offer me some basic guideliness to initiate the work so that i can go with a proper flow of learning and implementing!

Thanks in advance!
    The first step in working on any IT project would be to define the functions. Once the overall functionality is decided, you will have to write a detailed product specifications - which will describe each feature in detail.

You will then have to design the UI as 'wireframes'. This will give you a better idea of how the product will look like. Once these steps are done; you will have to design the back-end and depending on the complexity of the project this could be really complicated.

An integral part of this process would be to select a proper framework. For example, if you decide on using PHP - then you might look at various PHP frameworks available - Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter - there are so many of them. Do a quick comparison of them and find out which suits your project the most.

This is a very generic way of approaching any project. Let us know if you have specific questions.
  • sri pavithra
    sri pavithra
    Now i have got some ideas, i will get back as and when i require guidelines!
    Great support!
    Thanks a lot sir!
    😀😀😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Booking a railway ticket in India can't get easier than this as the railway ministry launched IRCTC ticket booking with SMS. The facility will allow anyone to book railway ticket...
Why Single core cable are unarmored? Why cant industries use single core armored cables?
If anyone can go to abroad with diploma electrical engineer with 3 arrears...?? and then without arrears ???? how much can diploma electrical engineer earn in abroad or India..?
If you thought sleeping in a real classroom was more difficult than in a distance learning session, think again. Researchers at the North Carolina State University have developed a software...
hello, could u please provide me the circuit diagram of a wheelchiar controlled using the eye movements. i would also want to include a system which enables the wheelchair to...