Suggest Special User Titles!

CEans,

We've been delaying this for long. I guess with lot of fresh blood flowing in (read: new members joining) we can look for better ideas for our Special User Titles!

Q. What are special user titles?
User title is the text that appears below your username. Currently, user titles are based on the number of posts that each member makes. These are 'regular user titles'.

"Special User Titles" are awarded to members who are exceptional contributors! These are independent of the number of posts that the user makes. If you bring in kick-ass ideas, posts on CE Forums, you will be awarded special user title. Currently few of our members have special user titles, however we can have better user titles.

Q. So what do we want?
Let's say a member actively helps others with technical issues, what would you like to call him? Maybe "CEan - Techie" , "Tech God", "Tech Guru" etc. These will be 'special user titles'. We need them.

So, post your ideas about special user titles.

Here are categories:-

1. Member who brings in technical posts/articles helps with technical issuses:-

2. Member who is an active debator :-

3. Member who guides new members :-

Waiting for your replies!

Replies

• frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    1. Member who brings in technical posts/articles helps with technical issuses:- CE TechKnowCrat
    3. Member who guides new members :- CE Guardian
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aha, we've a good start here!

Keep them coming!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wonder, can one have more than one special user title?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I wonder, can one have more than one special user title?
    *decision pending*

We'll see. Most probably, one user will have only one special user title at any point of time.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah, one title per user is a good idea. Can the titles change?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course! The titles can be changed. It depends on how the user contributes to CE ๐Ÿ˜€

Frodo.Rok suggested good titles. But we still need more!
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    here are few of the titles.
    1.CE LOVERS
    2.CE ROCKERS
    3. CE IMMORTALS
    4.CE RIDERS
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    friendster7
    here are few of the titles.
    1.CE LOVERS
    2.CE ROCKERS
    3. CE IMMORTALS
    4.CE RIDERS
    Good going. How do you propose to use these titles? As in, who should we award CE Lovers or CE IMMORTALS?
  • devesh
    devesh
    I think the title
    CE Lovers should be given to those CE'ans who visits the sites daily or on weekly basis to gather knowledge etc etc..

CE Rockers should be given to those CE'ans who are CE Lovers and contributing to the forums as well from the day they have joined us.

CE Immortals should be given to those CE'ans who are CE Lovers(thats obvious) who had been contributing rich and valuable contents(be it a special thread,posting replies,some general knowledge etc) from the day crazyengineers started to rise and made it presence felt to all the crazy engineers.

and now comes
    CE Riders----WHAT TO SAY?????
    Father of CE OR Mother of CE.
    Very selected CE'ans are entitled for this(to name one : KIDAKAKA and ofcourse our own BIG_K)
    CE Riders are the CE'ans who are contributing in each n every forum.tries their best to resolve the issues,be it a tech or non tech.
    Taking care of Crazyengineers.com like their own Babies.
    Suggestions(diagnosis based) being so gud that you cann't deny any fact.
    Gives a lot of great GYAN(knowledge) on the professional front.

Now its for you Biggie to decide".....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I am the Ghost (CE) Rider ๐Ÿ˜‰

We can probably link reputation points with these titles, makes choosing the CEans a little bit more easier (and less prone to biasing).
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    I agree with Ash.
    Also we can take other things in account like nos. of posts, quality of posts,
    nos of participations, quality of participation,initiatives, etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally do not believe in reputation points. Maybe we'll implement them in future, but not soon.

I guess 'Special User Titles' is fairly misunderstood. Special user titles are awarded only to those who bring in quality (value) to CE. These titles are awarded independent of the number of posts!
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    so will it depend only on quality of the posts or participation etc.?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I said, its the quality of posts as well as any other contributions (articles, initiatives etc.) [basically, adding value to CE] that will decide the user titles.

However, we seriously need good special user titles ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Now that you have decided to add special user titles, Biggie can I suggest to run a competition for these?

Lets do this way, we suggest the user roles and the CEans participating suggest unique and creative user titles. Then we will short list these and the winner will be suitably awarded.

Whats your take?
  • derisghafar
    derisghafar
    hai guys...
    maybe we can add one more..
    how about CE Promoter

CE Promoter = which means that this person good in promoting..promoting this website to others...how about that??...any comments...the big K...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur, competition is a good idea. However I believe we don't need to have a competition for a small task.

@derisgafar - CE Promoter title has been on my list ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for suggesting. I guess we're pretty much there, few more titles and we'll launch our new user titles for special CEans ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Sure. I agree that the task is small. Just that to ensure more participation, we can have such intriguing activities on a regular basis. We need to have a creative head in our team of editors and I thought we could find one through this.

Just an idea.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi buddies... dis is my 1st post... i m a student 4m birla instiute of technology(BIT Mesra) havin just completed my first year... my trade is comp sc... 2 be...
Can lightning make any harm while we are talking, using mobile phones, on us..?
Name: ShriRam Soni *Engineering Trade: Computer Engineer currently into Project Management Location: Pune, India *Occupation: Working as Project Management for Software developments Work Experience:10 years *Hobbies & Interests: Games, *Aim...
Hi....!!!! Some one interested in building simple but cooooool robots.... plz do help me....!!! I wanna get robo kits to save my hobby from being extinct....!!!! Can you suggest some....!!!...
hii.. guys I'm about to start my final year of computer science ad engineering ... I am thinking about doing a project based on ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE..or ROBOTICS.. please suggest me...