Suggest phone with physical keyboard under Rs. 15,000

The requirements are very simple: The phone should have a physical QWERTY (preferred) keyboard, a good camera (5MP desirable), a front camera, FM Radio (recording optional), bluetooth and the operating system should support all the popular apps viz. WhatsApp, Facebook.

Desired connectivity options are Wi-Fi & 3G.

The cost of the device should not exceed Rs. 15,000.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    No physical keyboard phone till date beats Nokia E72 or E63 or E5 according to me! All have 'qwerty' keyboards.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks, but aren't there any modern phones (excluding Blackberry) that have physical keyboard? I tried searching on various sites but could only find Samsung Chat and a few phones in the Nokia Asha series.

I'm not sure how reliable they are. Would really appreciate opinions.
  • lal
    lal
    Nokia Asha! Eh, I simply dislike that OS. It looks so buggy and feels like a kid's stuff. Besides, there are no much applications for Asha rather than funny ones. You might feel like owning a toy with it. Asha's possibilities are limited according to me.

Samsung chat. No comments! I'm not much familiar with it except that I have seen one of its kinds in one rare occassion. Felt like a huge something in my hand. Difinitely android is a plus point. But I felt the keyboard no good after using the Nokia qwerty for quite long.

Well, its personal opinion!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Disclaimer: It's not for my personal use ๐Ÿ˜.
  • lal
    lal
    In the present scenario, it may be better to choose an Android phone. Tons of apps and developers out there. I don't find any other advantage than that. For some unknown reason, I always frown at Android ๐Ÿ˜

Besides, Symbian's days are over. Asha, that isn't an OS at all ๐Ÿ˜ Blackberry, people have become intelligent enough not to spend unwantedly large sums just for the brand name and get nothing usable back. Nokia N900 is there, a Raspberry pi built with keyboard, display and touch input introduced ages ago. But that is too costly! Left with nothing but Android ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I'm checking but are there any reliable phones with physical keyboard and all the other features desired?
  • lal
    lal
    If it is android, I have heard many users favouring Sony Ericsson Xperia pro and Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro. Those seem to be reliable models. And sony has a good reputation!

You might like to check this link. All phones there have the desired features. I'm not familiar with other phones displayed there except the ones I mentioned above and in previous posts!
    Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Finally decided to settle with Galaxy S Duos from Samsung - it fulfilled every expectation without the physical keyboard. It's a really nice phone and I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a quality phone under Rs. 12,000 in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Texas Instruments (TI, NASDAQ: TXN) ) has announced a new 'MaxLife' technology to allow faster charging of Li-Ion batteries without degrading the battery life. The company introduced bq27530 and bq27531...
Hi everyone!!! I have just completed my B.E (E.C). I am interested in VLSI domain. So please suggest me names of institutes providing training for the same. Thank you.
The big reveal that United States government monitors all the communications (online & telephonic) caused a havoc in the tech media. The governments justify doing it by saying that it's...
Apple's readying the Moscone Center in San Francisco - the venue for Apple's World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC). Apple's setting up banners that show number '7' clearly indicating that Apple...