Suggest Laptop With Longest Battery Life

Suggest laptops with really good battery life. 4 hours or more is decent. It should be light weight.

Suggest names other than MacBooks. Is Dell good?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The battery life depends on the number of cells it has. A 9 cell battery would last longer than 6 cell battery on any laptop. However, every battery will just give up within 6 months of use. Don't expect any laptop to deliver more than 2-3 hours of life after about 5 months of regular use. MacBooks have the best battery among all laptops. Dell sucks big time. No idea about HP & Acer.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Don't say anything bad about DELL now. In any case how can we take care of battery? πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    HP - Compaq gives a good battery life of around 3 hours.
    Dell hardly 1 / 1.5 hours.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Toshiba makes its battery life around 3 to 4 hours when fully charged.!😲
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hi all
    I would suggest some of the best laptops here who had good battery backup but the main point is if you want long life of battery you should not put continuously laptop on charging and always disable your battery charging option when it get full charge.
    Lenovo Essential G Series G560
    Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z560
    Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen

Dell laptops are good you can have them too.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Dell laptops gives around 2-3 hours of backup. Of course it depends on the use and the running applications.πŸ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    The battery backup of DELL would be 2 hrs after 1 yr if you use it regularly.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Dell sucks big time. No idea about HP & Acer.

The thing is Dell battery life time is only 3 years and then you have to change it to a new one.
    Few of my friends having Dell and their battery have worn out..!!!!!
    there is a notification warning on the desktop to change the battery..

• Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Dancer_Engineer
    HP - Compaq gives a good battery life of around 3 hours.
    Dell hardly 1 / 1.5 hours.
    HP is Best(3-4 Hr for at least for two years)..Dell is also good.
    Don't go for Acer and HCL.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey Reya
    I don't think so that Dell laptop give battery back up of 2 hrs only if its new then it give around 3 hrs backup and if old then give more then 1hr.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey
    queeny.heads I am surprise to see that your laptop gives back up for 3-4 Hr for at least for two years but why HCL laptops are not good can you share its drawbacks with us.
  • adren022
    adren022
    If your going to satisfied with a smaller screen then buying a netbook helps. They have more battery back up and have all the basic functions of the laptop and are ultra portable.

And there is no one great brand among laptops, all are the same. Different users have different experiences in dealing with different brands. So some will like one brand for the same reason someone will hate it also.

HP have stopped the production of laptops and netbooks so anything that is existing in the market is dirt cheap from them comparitive to other brands with same configuration. They claim hardware parts will be available for 10yrs with retailers but can't trust them that easily.

ACER have very good build quality. But it's a bad choice for hardcore gamers or designers as they offer poor graphic card choices.

DELL has poor build quality in lower end laptops.
    15R and 14R models are selling very fast right now.

ASUS very good configuration for low prices but if there is any hardware problems it'll be shipped to japan/taiwan most of the time. So long delays if there is a hardware problem.

never used Sony, HCL, CompaQ
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey adren022
    It will be wrong if you say that Dell laptops are poor build quality, I think they are good in their products and second thing is that Asus laptops are good but for good laptops you need to go for higher range second thing is that you will not be getting their service center easily in India.
  • adren022
    adren022
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey adren022
    It will be wrong if you say that Dell laptops are poor build quality, I think they are good in their products and second thing is that Asus laptops are good but for good laptops you need to go for higher range second thing is that you will not be getting their service center easily in India.
    I think if you read my post you'll understand that i have specifically mentioned lower ranged DELL laptops. The build quality of DELL at range from 25 to 35000 is poor compared to most other top laptop makers.

And secondly you haven't read my full post πŸ˜› because that's exactly what I have written about ASUS. πŸ˜€
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    I wud suggest you to check out Lenovo ​
    ThinkPad L Series...​
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    adren022 I disagree with you that build quality of DELL at range from 25 to 35000 is poor compared to most other top laptop makers even for this range they have best features laptops then Asus, in India people prefer to go for Dell rather the Asus.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    I heard that Dell XPS series has good battery life. My friend bought it and he says he is happy with its performance and its battery life ( 4-5 hours ) .
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey
    ursplfrnd you heard right that Dell XPS series had good battery backup. In fact Dell is offering very good #-Link-Snipped-# and their features are very good.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    gooyer
    is it really ,my laptop is up to two hours😭
    That's sad buddy and can you share its brand.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Share the names of the movies that you have found most boring! 😴 Also tell us why you found them boring. πŸ‘€
Which movies are you looking forward to in the year 2012? Tell names and share movie trailers.
Which software should one use to create such 3D logos? Online blogs are quite confusing. Choices are Photoshop & Illustrator or Maya or 3DS Max. Then there are others like...
China is building its own satellite navigation system. It is expected to aid the country in war. China’s SatNav System Operational, Plans To Cover Earth Completely
Just wondering whether we've official MENSA members on CE? If yes, do tell us your IQ β˜•