CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@jishu • 28 Jun, 2010
hello everyone,

i have just joined in this forum and i am feeling very excited about it as i find this forum very helpful. coming back to what i wanted to post. i want to know if there is any book which will give me a complete knowledge on basic electrical concepts. please suggest a book that will be available in my city kolkata. please help.

thank you,
jishu
@vishnu priya • 28 Jun, 2010 Re: help for knowledge

Just check this link Basic Electrical Concepts and also i have used Schaum's Outline for my first year Basic Electrical Paper.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 28 Jun, 2010 For the basics of Electrical Engineering, B.L. Theraja "Electrical Technology" is THE BEST book in my opinion. Few people call it as 'Bible Of Electrical Engineering' 😀 . I'd recommend reading Volume I & II.
@Harshad Italiya • 02 Jul, 2010 For Basic Electrical-> B.L.Theraja and for Basic Electronics-> V.K.Mehta is Best!
@eeehassan • 02 Jul, 2010 Hai Jishu
Good to know for laying firm foundation in ELECTRICAL concepts.There is a Book by name FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING by VINCET DEL TORO 2nd edition .This will surely give you what you need. Go ahead
@aditi_kiet • 05 Jul, 2010 hey...can anyone help me with a start to a witricity based kvpy project? i've got the matter but i am not able to get started.....
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 05 Jul, 2010
jishu
hello everyone,

i have just joined in this forum and i am feeling very excited about it as i find this forum very helpful. coming back to what i wanted to post. i want to know if there is any book which will give me a complete knowledge on basic electrical concepts. please suggest a book that will be available in my city kolkata. please help.

thank you,
jishu
If you want basic concepts the go for B.L. Theraja! If not go for PS Bimbhra! Its a very good book..
@vicky_mailzone • 05 Jul, 2010 Hello
I just read ur Query. According to me U should refer only BL Theraja`s Book on Basic Electrical Engineering.
its best book for beginers.
@sushant005 • 05 Jul, 2010 As all our CEans suggested you for B.L.Theraja. I also think B.L.Theraja is the best book to follow.must go for it!
@iAstro • 06 Jul, 2010 Umm.. Man.. I've used B.L.Theraja in my 1st year of diploma while we were learning EEE!
It is nice & clears all the basics about Electrical Fundamentals, which is your need. Thats why I think you should use that!

Have fun! 😀
18.3k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 17, 2014

The all new Seiki U-Vision HDMI cable can easily convert any HD video into a 4K ultra HD video on the go! The Godsend for those who recently bought 4K...
6.3k views

@pratap singh, upendra · Jun 26, 2015

What is the difference between a host and a node in computer networking.I recently learnt that link layer devices are called as nodes and network layer devices are called as...
6.8k views

@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran · Oct 18, 2013

A very good news for Java os operated mobile users. Many of you would have longed for playing a game like temple run or a subway surfers or a similar...
7.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 17, 2014

Nokia India has come up with a new low-budget smartphone with Nokia 225 priced at Rs. 3199. The phone weighs 99.8 g and has a 2.8 inch screen with QVGA...
3.4k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Aug 7, 2012

As you might be aware that Google is putting new Doodles everyday based on various Olympics sports. Just yesterday, users noticed it had the landing of Curiosity Rover hidden in...
4.6k views