Suggest a place for "Introductions"

Hello CEans!

This has been haunting me since long - Where do we place our Introductions section?

Right now, the introductions section is located under "General Discussions".

• Shall we move it to top along with "Announcements" & "Feedback" section?
  • Or, how about putting it along with "Chit Chat" and "Help Me!" sections?
  • Any other place? πŸ˜’
Shout Now!

-The Big K-

Replies

• instruite
    instruite
    better than having a different section for introductions all the introduction posts should be merged in chit chat section
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good suggestion, but as we grow, it will be difficult for us to clean up the chit-chat section.

I guess its a good idea to have a separate Introductions section. Either have it along with Announcements or place it next to Chit-Chat section.

-The Big K-
    P.S:
    Most of the sections will be reworked. Let us keep gathering good ideas.
  • instruite
    instruite
    or then lets have only one introduction post and let everybody post in that post only
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Sometimes the into can get longer and depending on each person, people can ask them about their work, college, field of engineering, interests etc there. It can be to get to know a person.

Or was it the chit-chat page for it? I really get confused between General and Chitchat πŸ˜›

Regards
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me make the things clear.

As xheavenlyx said, the introductions can lead to discussions & question-answer session.

The Chit-Chat section is merely for off topic discussions. We may have threads on topics like Latest News, College Events, Hobbies etc. in the Chit-Chat section.

The General Discussions is more specific. It will host debates, CE-Finance and ideas which are non-technical in nature. For a better idea, have a look at existing threads in General Discussions.

I do agree that we have a very raw forum structure in place. We'll evolve it with time.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is a small off-topic Q, but dint want to make a new thread.

Is it possible later to allow attachments too later? A limited file amount for each member? Easier to post pics and docs with tutorials and Articles.

Just asking if its poosible and when, not really need it rite now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    This is a small off-topic Q, but dint want to make a new thread.

Is it possible later to allow attachments too later? A limited file amount for each member? Easier to post pics and docs with tutorials and Articles.

Just asking if its poosible and when, not really need it rite now.
    Okay. The attachments have been disabled. We do not need them. If the need arises, we can put up a separate download section. It makes little sense to have article posted as word doctuments or pdf. The article can always be split into multiple posts. πŸ˜€

I'm already making up my mind for the Introductions section. Do flood in your ideas.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    :Update:

The place for introductions section has been finalized. You will see the new place soon. 😁

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PC: Under the Hood 7 October 2006​ We must have heard this over a million times. Computers don’t think with numbers and alphabets but with just 1’s and 0’s. Some...
hi guys , plz help me. plz give me answers of these question. or give me site where i find these answers. 1.what different types of connectors which are used...
In this thread, I ask everyone to post the games they like or are playing. 1. Present games you are playing & why 2. The best games you ever liked...
What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives? It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other?? Post in your views.
It is said that "An intelligent person is one who learns from his mistakes but a wise man is one who learns from others mistakes". It would not be wrong...