study material for iiast

I just filled up the iiast form for admission in iia Bangalore ..... Do someone know the material I could use for this exam ... Thank u in advance 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pankaj12790
    I just filled up the iiast form for admission in iia Bangalore ..... Do someone know the material I could use for this exam ... Thank u in advance 😀
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . I think it'd help if you could tell us what the exam is about. I performed a quick check on the syllabus of the IIAST entrance exam; but couldn't find anything relevant.

But given the nature of the course, I'd definitely begin with SSC and HSSC books in physics as a starter.
  • pankaj12790
    pankaj12790
    i was able to find this for the indian institute of astrophysics entrance test ....
    nw please can u suggest me some books that i should follow ....

The syllabus for the IIA entrance exam is the standard BSc. & M.Sc Physics syllabus covering dierent areas

of specialization. In particular, it presumes that the candidates have taken basic courses in Mathematical

Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Mechanics, and Statistical Mechanics.

There will be some questions in special subjects such as Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics etc in

addition to coverage in applied areas such as Electronics, Instrumentation and Optics.

The question paper will be multiple-choice. It will contain questions of two levels of diculty. The rst

level will have 30 \easier" questions carrying 1 mark each. The second level will have 30 \dicult" questions

carrying 3 marks each. Therefore, the test questions will have a total of 60 questions with 30 from each

level, adding to a total maximum marks of 120. It is suggested that the candidate answer as many questions

as possible in 3 hrs keeping in mind that negative marking for wrong answers is one third the value of the

question (1 or 1=3) and concentrate on those questions within the candidate's grasp or specialization.

The current pattern could be subject to change in the future.
  • pankaj12790
    pankaj12790
    can someone please suggest me some good prep material for this exam given the syllabus in my previous post ... I shall be greatfull fellow engineers 😀
    thank you
  • harshapops
    harshapops
    Hey... how was the exam? could you please suggest some material?
    Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Common Admission Test (CAT) registrations have dropped to a five year low with only 1.94 lakh aspirants registering for the CAT 2013 exam. The registrations have dropped to a five...
Seismologists have found a great friend in a smartphone chip that collects real-time and accurate data of earthquakes with magnitude > 5. The chip was originally used to maintain the...
Edward Snowden’s public disclosure of PRISM program by NSA has caused uproar among privacy enthusiasts worldwide. As the US government is trying to justify its move, people are now working...
Now Samsung’s smartwatch tried to solve the problem of calls on a smartwatch by introducing a speaker phone. The trouble with this speakerphone was that everyone on your vicinity could...
Now this is a problem of engineers all over. Buried in assignment or exams you often miss on current affairs of the world. So what do you do to keep...