Student satellites

hello,

hope this post has aeronautical engineers for the taking!!

Thinking big matters when the world is moving on at a breakneck speed why think small!!
now that jobs opportunities are declining.People are looking forward to jump start their own ventures!
so all the entrepreneurs out there...do you think that space commercialization has any rewards in India?
now that many universities in the country are coming out with their own small satellites and ISRO is ready to help them out.
Whats your take on this topic?

cheers!!!

Replies

• Vega
    Vega
    Re: Student satellitees

That's really good thing. If I remember correctly ISRO has already launched a satellite of some europian university.
  • Kamlesh Dahale
    Kamlesh Dahale
    Re: Student satellitees

Yes what Vega said is true.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Do you mean CubeSats (pico/nano satellites)? Many universities are working on this, since the development costs are much lower and students are easily exposed to advanced satellite concepts. In addition, it allows students of various disciplines to work together (aeronautics, materials, electronics, communications, software, etc).

More info here: Cubesat

My final year project was an imaging system for a CubeSat 😛 However, my uni has a long ways before launching it into orbit. Its good to be part of the pioneering team though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i am doing my third year, this semester, we have to do mini project. so, someone help me to finding interesting topics for project related to electronics and telecommunication...
CCleaner Version: 2.27 File Size: 3279 CCleaner searches through a number of programs and removes useless files. It's highly configurable, allowing you to select which problems to look for and...
I am ECE student.give some idea for some mini project as soon as possible
Hi guy. I was wondering if any one has any tips to get into university. Well I know you have to get good grades(which I have), and I also know...
I am working on a project to improve the cooling system of engines in bikes. For short distance commuters, it is difficult to get optimum performance as most of the...