CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Bintee

MemberFeb 25, 2008

Bintee
    Hey is there anyone hured about DRAFT -800?
    its a new Steel Structure Code which is on "LIMIT STATE DESIGN".
    Actually i have a problem in it.
    so if anyone is there to know about DRAFT - 800 then reply so i can post my Problem here.
    Thanks
    well thanks, i got solution of my question,
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 25, 2008

Bintee
    well thanks, i got solution of my question,
    Bintee, how about sharing the solution with the rest of us? I guess it would help lot of engineers who're looking for the same.
    Cancel
  • Bintee

MemberFeb 25, 2008

The_Big_K
    Bintee, how about sharing the solution with the rest of us? I guess it would help lot of engineers who're looking for the same.
    I m sorry, thanks for remind me.😀

Well i m doing dissertation n topic is on Draft – 800, in which im doing Element design based on this code.

My prob was. “For beam design there is Shear check and the condition is { Depth to thickness of web RATIO should be less then 67}, but if its not satisfy then we have to gone through CL:8.3 as per given in Draft – 800, so there is a one equation in which I had needed to find YIELD STRENGTH OF WEB.

For that I gone through BS-5950-1 so I came to know that the value of “yield strength of web and flange” which is depend on thickness of thickest elements of the cross – section, and in BS:5950-1 code the Table is directly given.(Ref. Pg. No. 63 and 25)

So I just want to know how we can determine value for same in our Draft – 800, and the
    SOLUTION : is given in same code SECTION – 2, TABLE 2.1, Sl.NO.8.

THANK YOU😛
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register