Structural Engineering - DRAFT -800 : LIMIT STATE DESIGN

Hey is there anyone hured about DRAFT -800?
its a new Steel Structure Code which is on "LIMIT STATE DESIGN".
Actually i have a problem in it.
so if anyone is there to know about DRAFT - 800 then reply so i can post my Problem here.
Thanks

Replies

• Bintee
    Bintee
    Bintee
    Hey is there anyone hured about DRAFT -800?
    its a new Steel Structure Code which is on "LIMIT STATE DESIGN".
    Actually i have a problem in it.
    so if anyone is there to know about DRAFT - 800 then reply so i can post my Problem here.
    Thanks
    well thanks, i got solution of my question,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bintee
    well thanks, i got solution of my question,
    Bintee, how about sharing the solution with the rest of us? I guess it would help lot of engineers who're looking for the same.
  • Bintee
    Bintee
    The_Big_K
    Bintee, how about sharing the solution with the rest of us? I guess it would help lot of engineers who're looking for the same.
    I m sorry, thanks for remind me.😀

Well i m doing dissertation n topic is on Draft – 800, in which im doing Element design based on this code.

My prob was. “For beam design there is Shear check and the condition is { Depth to thickness of web RATIO should be less then 67}, but if its not satisfy then we have to gone through CL:8.3 as per given in Draft – 800, so there is a one equation in which I had needed to find YIELD STRENGTH OF WEB.

For that I gone through BS-5950-1 so I came to know that the value of “yield strength of web and flange” which is depend on thickness of thickest elements of the cross – section, and in BS:5950-1 code the Table is directly given.(Ref. Pg. No. 63 and 25)

So I just want to know how we can determine value for same in our Draft – 800, and the
    SOLUTION : is given in same code SECTION – 2, TABLE 2.1, Sl.NO.8.

THANK YOU😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii im a electrical engineer and now preparig 4 c dac's DAC can someone pls help me with any link to sample test papers or any other help regarding preparation...
Hi Friends, IISC is now offering its mid term admissions to M>Tech programs If anyone has idea on how much would be cut off percentile for Electronics & Comm Dept...
Hi Folks, Blu-ray Vs HD-DVD Blu-Ray also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), a...
i am going 2 make a six stroke engine. pls help me 2 design my own cam shaft. is there any problem in drilling a hole in engine head n...
Okay, CE has been growing rapidly - all through search engines and mouth to mouth publicity 😀 It took us about 26 days to grow from 7k - 8k members....