Stribeck Curve Analysis Using Tribometer

[​IMG]

When lubrication is applied to reduce the wear/friction of moving surfaces an increasing load can shift the lubrication from several regimes such as Boundary, Mixed and Hydrodynamic Lubrication. The fluid viscosity, the load that is carried by the two surfaces and the speed that the two surfaces move relative to each other combine to determine the thickness of the fluid film. It is this process that determines the lubrication regime. How the regimes react to friction is shown in what is called a Stribeck curve. To evaluate lubricants, and their reaction with applications the Stribeck Curve can be identified using a Pin On Disk Tribometer.

See for application note:#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rau
    Rau
    Sir,
    How is this technology different from others? What are the advantages of NANOVEA's Tribometer If I want to measure wear behavior of Cr-Ag-N surface? I am currently working in a field associated with wear testing and advance products are welcome.
  • NANOVEA
    NANOVEA
    Hi Rau,

• Unmatched range of rotational speeds from 0.01 to 2000rpm. High resolution means that data can be accurately recorded at specified interval of time, duration or position (>0.006°). The motor has an integrated self-tuning system which ensures speed remains calibrated through time. Full and precise control of the motor ensures that a series of step speeds can be run continuously during the tests.

• Unlike our competitors, Pin On Disk and Linear is available on the same system. More importantly, our platform is specifically designed to be open for custom modulation and advances in technology. This allows user to enhance the system over time without having purchasing an entirely new instrument.

• Nanovea was the first, and others have now followed, to integrate 3D Non Contact Optics for quick wear volume loss on the stage.

• All of Nanovea's instruments are the most competitively priced in the industry.

Please learn more: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nanovea introduced its patent pending breakthrough method of reliably acquiring yield strength through indentation; ultimately replacing the traditional tensile testing machine for yield strength measurement. Traditionally yield strength has been...
Name: I would prefer not to disclose this Engineering Trade: Er, I'm 12, so it's not official, but my trade is in Computer Science. Location: Somewhere in Illinois. Work Experience:...
[video=youtube;44sOtEy3xpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44sOtEy3xpQ&feature=youtu.be[/video] Any guesses people?
i want a latest project for final year on the bases of coding..as soon as possible..
In a thermal power plant, fly ash particles generated from the combustion process of coal are separated in Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) or by using filter bags before gases are released...