Stratasys Acquires 3D Printer Maker, Solidscape

Strategic Acquisition Expands Direct Digital Manufacturing Vision
FRANKFURT — 4th May 2011 — Additive manufacturing system maker Industrial 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing, (NASDAQ: SSYS), has acquired Solidscape, Inc. for $38 million plus certain purchase price adjustments.
New Hampshire-based Solidscape is a manufacturer of 3D printers serving investment casting applications in the jewellery, medical, dental and industrial markets. The company’s technology produces patterns that are used to cast highly precise metal parts.
Solidscape is widely recognised as the leader for casting applications that require high-precision, ultra-fine feature detail and a smooth surface finish. The company had revenues of $13.4 million and generated approximately $4.3 million in EBITDA for calendar year 2010.
“Solidscape is a strong, profitable company with an excellent reputation in the markets it serves,” said Stratasys CEO Scott Crump. “We believe there is a significant market opportunity to expand its business in the under-penetrated jewellery market and the relatively undeveloped medical, dental and industrial markets. Solidscape’s 3D printers are used in the manufacturing process, which is consistent with our strategy to pursue new markets for direct digital manufacturing applications.”
Stratasys will support Solidscape product development with the goal of producing systems that target new applications. Solidscape will operate from its base in New Hampshire as a wholly owned subsidiary of Stratasys. Solidscape leadership and management will stay with the company. Stratasys expects the acquisition of Solidscape will add approximately $0.04 per share to earnings in 2011.
“This agreement represents the joining of two well-established leaders in additive manufacturing,” says Solidscape President Michael Varanka. “We believe Stratasys and Solidscape have valuable synergies, and the two companies will make a good partnership.”

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hello real wire, can you specify the source? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello there. Sorry for my english, im from DR. I've been asigned a grade project in college and i need some ideas on how to start. The project is about...
Hi everyone Stephan here I just want to share my site to all and it's my pleasure to help everyone kindly visit my site thanks and have a nice day......
Energy storage gets second wind Quote: The idea behind compressed air energy storage (CAES) is elegantly simple: when the wind blows, turbines are used to compress air, which is stored...
Dear Friends, I am looking a Pure Sine wave UPS / Inverter Schematic,PCB Layout with LCD Display function,Most probably its construct by Micro controller.If anybody have please let me know...
Hello Ceans, I was reading about the Zigbee and right now collecting the information about Zigbee. If you have any relevant data please share it here so i can collect...