Steve Wozniak on CE-Small Talk - February 2011

There have been many re-takes at the revolution of personal computers, but if you ask me to name its pioneer, only one name comes to my mind, Steve Wozniak.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Steve Wozniak

Mr. Woz does not need any introduction. He along with Steve Jobs founded Apple Computer in 1976 that had only 2 major backings: One Steve Job’s mesmerizing energy and two Woz’s knack of technical things.
Woz first showed off his home-built computer, the Apple I and soon followed with the machine that made the company, the Apple II. He single-handedly designed all its hardware and software. It was an extraordinary feat even for the time. Moreover, he did it all while working at his day job at Hewlett-Packard.

The Apple II was the machine that brought computers onto the desks of ordinary people. The reason it did was that it was so miraculously well designed.

Other than this, Woz is popularly known for his pranks. Through his book called iWoz, he has fantastically jotted down his life and his pranks give you insight at his cool attitude.

Steve Wozniak has set examples of what a true engineer is.

We feel more than proud to announce that we will be featuring Mr. Woz on the CE-Small Talk on February 01, 2011.

Watch out for it in this space!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Department of Teleom of India has finally approved Video Calling over 3G in India. However, the telecom operators and 3G network providers have been asked to demonstrate infrastructure capabilities...
Infosys will hire over 26000 engineers in 2011, Mr. Pai (HR head) informed to the press. The company hired over 20000 engineers in the last fiscal. In fact, 50% of...
Renault Fluence, latest sedan by French automaker is expected to launch in India around May 2011. The car positioned in D+ segment is already making buzz across Internet. Fluence features...
Quick Heal CEan of the Month December 2011 is CEan - Praveena211 CEan Praveena joined CE on 14 November 2009 and has been a very active member of CE. She's...
‘Jeopardy!’ is the America’s most popular quiz show. Its popularity is due to the speed with which it poses unique challenges to its contestants. The IBM Researchers and technical enthusiasts...