Steve Wozniak – Apple, Pranks & Engineering

CEans, Co-Founder of Apple, Mr. Steve Wozniak (Woz) needs no introduction. He was the engineering force behind Apple I & II that led to revolution in the personal computing throughout the world in 1970s. He was inducted into the inventors hall of fame and prestigious Heinz Award for Technology. After quitting Apple in 1985, Woz [...]

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What say, folks? One of the most awaited Small Talks in CE 😁 . Mr. Wozniak is the greatest engineer of our times! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is the one of the best interviews on CE.
    It's not just pride and honor, but something more, that we have one of the greatest engineers of our time on CE.
    Mr. Woz is the perfect idol for someone who is passionate and crazy about engineering.
    I would like to quote his lines here,

Don’t think you have to do things the way they have always been done. Believe in yourself. Don’t be afraid to try methods that might turn out to be impossible. Your learning and thinking about the end goal makes it quick to get there by other approaches. Don’t instantly do exactly what you’ve done before. Think quietly, maybe for a few hours or days or more, and know your basic approach. Rather than dig up the designs of the past and using them, try to think of better things than normal. You have learned how to combine components into larger parts, and those into larger ones yet. That means that you know how to construct well with the best resources (parts) and could write the same books you could have looked answers up in. Use pencil and paper and write books and methods and number charts and so-on to create your design without copying others, although it’s ok to look at them to trigger good thinking. Always try to do things with fewer parts and fewer steps. And don’t worry if you don’t use the fanciest tools for debugging. Crude tools force you to think deeper, and in a sense be more creative, just as Jack White speaks of in the movie “It Might Get Loud.”.
    Thank you CE for the wonderful opportunity of reading directly from "The Wizard of Woz"
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    that was an awesome interview 😁 even the questions were interesting 😀 good job folks :clap:
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    that was an awesome interview.... can't believe it, Steve Wozniak in CE small talk!!!! Great job CE!!!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    wonderful post 😀 ,I was waiting for reading since the announcement , great Job CE😀
    Hope to see here more interviews 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's CEan AKD who followed him for over a year 😀 He's busy man!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Awesome work ppl....specially AKD. Steve is one of the greatest engineer of all time. His mind has created a revolution. He is inspiration to every computer science student.
    It was great to see him on small talk....
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Great job AKD!!!
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    Its really an awesome interview! Great answers from 'The Greatest Engineer'.
    Liked it a lot. Great job AKD!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you everyone.
    CE is a great platform. 😀
  • shelleyfrank
    shelleyfrank
    Mr. Wozniak's words are most inspiring. Thank you for getting hold of him AKD.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai, Iam doing a project on Heart beat monitor.Nothing much just a project that produces sound in a speaker from the heart beat pulse..The project is without microcontrolelrs But i...
Verisante Technology Inc. (formerly T-Ray Science Inc.) has released Aura Skin Cancer (melanoma) detector. Aura utilizes technology developed by BC Cancer Agency and University Of British Columbia. The device has...
hi im new to robotics. i have knowledge in programming. i want to hook up my laptop on top of four wheels and make it drive from point A to...
Google is a dream company for computer engineers for several years now. However, it's not at all easy to get into Google. There are several tests and interviews you'll have...
An idea struck my mind which could be a great final year project idea . The idea is to develop a mobile app, preferably on Java for larger compatibility and...