Steps to cut regular SIM card to nano SIM card for iPhone 5

If you are looking for steps to cut any regular SIM card to nano SIM card for the upcoming iPhone 5, you're looking at the right page. Before I write down the steps, I want to put a disclaimer that I have not tried the steps yet and have no plans of acquiring an iPhone. I'd strongly recommend trying out these steps on a cardboard replica of your regular SIM card first and then try it on your real SIM card. If you have a spare SIM card you might want to try these steps on it first. Because if things go wrong, there is no way to go back (CTRL+Z). If things go wrong, the only option you will have is to buy a new SIM card and try everything again. You've been warned.

Cut-SIM-Card

Step 1: Download the attached template (below) on your machine and take a print-out of it. Make sure that you print out on 100% scale so that you don't mess up with the sizes. A4 is the standard size that every printer supports.

Step 2: Get a two-sided tape and fix your SIM card to the paper. Make sure that it's fixed properly because you surely don't want to go wrong on the lines. Double check the boundaries along the side of the SIM card.

Step 3: Now fix your ruler along the marked lines and draw the lines on the SIM card with a sharp market. I'd recommend a 0.5mm marker for better results. Once you've drawn the appropriate lines, use a scissor to cut along the lines.

Cutting the SIM card won't affect its functionality because the actual magic happens at a much smaller space in the SIM card. Take a look at the central region where the microchip resides. You might even grind the plastic side of your new nano SIM to make it fit properly in the nano SIM slot - you'll have to do this to make the edges round.

If anyone of you does this, please add extra tips you might might want to offer.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General Atomics, San Diego, California is aiming to turn nuclear power on its head. Running turbines running on Helium at 865 C, double the light water reactors now in use,...
Intelligent head lamps are designed to respond to reflections from snow or rain to minimise glare and blinding of drivers. How useful these are remains to be seen. https://www.designnews.com/document....84,industry_auto,aid_247143&dfpLayout=article
I found this in another forum: Quote: Does a bad (or badly worded) question automatically deserve a bad, vague, or sarcastic answer? Would no answer be a better alternative? Does...
can u tel me how foundations of building made using rocks..what is the procedure?
we can convert ac into dc with the help of rectifier can we convert dc into ac??? if yes then how?