Steam Turbine Suppliers

I'm looking at the possibility of reusing waste heat to generate steam and drive a turbine to generate electricity. The application will be in the order of a few hundred kW. I've contacted several major suppliers, most of whom cannot help me.

Does anyone know of any good turbine suppliers for this application?
Thanks

Replies

• The Observer
    The Observer
    mm.. most of the companies are bulk producers i suppose. the application you need is not usual for them. Still try it in some science instruments website... see if your luck hits the bulls' eye. Try posting pics if you get one 😀 wud be eager
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I suggest you look for turbines used in geothermal power plants, seeing these are the only turbines that could conceivably utilize such low energy turbines. I'm sorry I can't supply you with any ready references at this point.

Try some DIY stuff too. It might sound crazy, making your own turbines, but some weeks ago #-Link-Snipped-# posted a link at instructables dot com that looked legit.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Hugh Hodkinson
    The application will be in the order of a few hundred kW. I've contacted several major suppliers, most of whom cannot help me.
    Few hundred KW is not small. What kind of process is generating that kind of waste heat? Is flue gas the source of heat? Can you put up some more info on this source?
  • The Observer
    The Observer
    Hugh Hodkinson
    I'm looking at the possibility of reusing waste heat to generate steam and drive a turbine to generate electricity. The application will be in the order of a few hundred kW. I've contacted several major suppliers, most of whom cannot help me.

Does anyone know of any good turbine suppliers for this application?
    Thanks
    did you contact Siemens?? they have that range availible .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Hugh Hodkinson
    Hugh Hodkinson
    A.V.Ramani
    Few hundred KW is not small. What kind of process is generating that kind of waste heat? Is flue gas the source of heat? Can you put up some more info on this source?
    The source is waste solvents which are being incinerated.
  • Hugh Hodkinson
    Hugh Hodkinson
    I did and they provided a quote. Also Mechanology and Verdesis.
    The Observer
    did you contact Siemens?? they have that range availible .
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    So, problem solved? Or not satisfied with the quote?
  • The Observer
    The Observer
    Hugh Hodkinson
    I did and they provided a quote. Also Mechanology and Verdesis.
    Thats cool ! have a Happy working on ur task !
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Hugh Hodkinson
    The source is waste solvents which are being incinerated.
    Then what you should be looking for is a steam boiler that can use the waste solvent as fuel. The turbine is incidental once you have the steam.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to waste time without really trying: https://www.authorstream.com/Present...n-communication-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/
Hello , I'm presently in 1st year CSE, I would like to do some course in the coming holidays, but I'm confused between JAVA and .NET course. Could anyone here...
Am currently doing my design and fabrication project on Wobbler Engine. Can anyone tell me the main advantages and disadvantages of a wobbler engine? Also tell me where it is...
why steering mechanism is not employed in tracked vehicles and bulldozers?
"Droplet Networks" are the new synthetic material developed by Researchers at the Oxford University with the purpose of replacing damaged body tissues in future. The 3D printed tissue, even though...